Lyrics: There's a famous seaside place called Blackpool
That's noted for fresh air and fun
And Mr. And Mrs. Ramsbottom
Went there with young Xxxxxx

Yesterday's were Donald where's your troosers, Andy Stewart

Another male name today!

What: probably around an hour

Why: running with M76

Neck is a long standing issue, Emz. I probably damaged it about twenty years ago when I fell and fractured my shoulder…twice within a couple of years.  In 2009 I had to have a procedure: facet joint injections around C5 and C6. Since then I have both been diagnosed with osteoporosis and also fractured my back in two different places, which will not have helped matters. The physio thinks that I may need a repeat of the injections.

So neck not improving, Dustin! And well toughed out yesterday following Saturday’s adventure!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

That is quite a history with your neck / back Ale.  Nice outing with M76 today?

Glad you had fun at the XC Dustin.

What: rest day running wise - will do a short walk and turbo
    Why: Monday
    Last rest: 24.01.22
    Last hard: getting up this morning - bad night's sleep

Lyrics: nope
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Morning again!

Yes, Hazel, pleasant enough outing with M76. Actually I found the running quite hard going this morning, probably a mixture of the cold (2 degrees) and tiredness. Good to have company though. 10.2 k completed, largely off road. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Alehouse blimey that is some history, poor you! Hope you get something to help. Glad your run was good
    Hazel have a good day
    Did anyone watch the skiing last night? Wow! 
    What 3 miles later
    Why plan
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 8/1
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hopefully you can keep the neck pain in check, ale. Osteoporosis sounds bad. Do you take medication?

Good to see you, em. Loved to read how Lucas got on at the running show. Guess he takes after you 😉

Els: no race plans at all. I'm just trying to get back to where I was in early 2020 and then decide. My endurance still seems to be there. I'll see f I can get some pace back but if not, so be it 😊

Dustin: XC sounds fun

Hazel: Sorry to hear about FIL. Good your other half is helping them at the moment. Difficult when they don't drive. I have to do most of the driving for my parents too. They're ok in the rural part where they live but won't go into town. Which is just as well bc traffic is horrid and most drivers are so aggressive. I can deal with it fine but my parents are too insecure.

I had time on my hands today so a little over 11 miles done.

And no to lyrics.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    3 miles done slowly slowly 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Evening!

Just caught up on the skiing, Wabo! Was too busy watching cricket yesterday evening! 

Another decent 17/18k then, Chick! Be careful!

Hazel: missed one key thing to do with my neck! The whiplash injury after someone went into the back of my car, writing it off. Consultant on Friday pm. 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - well done with the M76 outing & that's some history with the neck/shoulder
    Hazel - enjoy the easy
    Wabo - missed the skiing but caught up with it today. Also read this weekend about three brits who moved to Norway and are now among the leading cross country skiers. 
    Chick - decent mileage!

what - 3.8miles to QoP, 3.8 miles back from QoP
    why - no car (wife & daughter both at office)
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - QoP elbows , failing that, the weekend runs
    lyric - nope