Thursday 27th January 2022 Joan was quizzical

Morning!

Lyrics: Joan was quizzical
Studied pataphysical science in the home

Yesterday's were Cat Stevens with Matthew and Son

What: short run

Why: work first
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Have a good day at work Ale.

Hope your visit to QoP was helpfully ouchy Wabo.

Well done on the double yesterday Dustin.

Hope the storm isn't too bad chicksta - we have recently discovered a TV channel (Panoramabilder on Alpha24) with a morning program with live pics from various locations in Germany which includes quite a few from the North of Germany so I can keep an eye out for your bad weather. 

What: 9 miles with 30 mins LT (gulp)
    Why: plan
    Last rest: 24.01.22

Lyrics: vaguely familiar

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    it was certainly ouchy hazel.  I've randomly got a really painful left elbow so it now feels bruised, why did I tell her lol!! Enjoy the 9 miles - 30 mins LT indeed gulp!
    Alehouse enjoy the short run and hope work is ok

what: 3 miles later
    why: plan
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: 8/1
    Having the day off tomorrow to spend with my daughter
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Ale - I've been humming it all the way round my 7m run! Brief hailshower at the start happily didn't last as had gone out in my light windproof!
    Calm(er) after the storm last night though still a fair wind. Going to return to 60mph on Sat. Some runners I know are doing a 9 hour running challenge on Sat!
    Back home to do my lateral flow before yoga because I forgot pre breakfast. You'd think I'd be used to doing it daily by now!
    Wabo enjoy your miles and daughter time!
    Hazel yours doesn't sound so enjoyable.
    Ale hope work is good and short run too!
  • Ale: I know those lyrics but I don't know the song title. Nagging away at me ...  :) 

OMG, that's windy, Els. We're forecast similar weather on Sunday with 60mph winds. I guess my running may suffer a bit for the next couple of days. 

Hazel: Ouch! Good luck with the IT stuff. Half an hour is long. 

To wet and wild this morning but I nipped out in the afternoon when the worst of the rain had passed. Still got blown about but I managed 5 miles. 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - hope the 3 was easy after the QoP session
    Ale - did you get a run in around work?
    Hazel - enjoy (!) the LTP
    Chick - good for you getting it done, sounds unpleasant outside
    Els - well done you too, sounds windy at the W/E 

What - easy 10
    why - MLR
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - that was tbh, heart not in it, box ticking etc. etc. 
    lyric - didn't know yesterday, not so sure today..
  • Evening!

Yes, Dustin, managed to get a short run in on the way home from work. Heart not in it, box ticking etc! Good job I was already in my kit having taught two PE lessons during the day. Managed over 10,000 steps during PE and around the classrooms so must be reasonable cross training!

I think everyone will be familiar with today's lyrics once revealed! 

A windy five miles is worth more of course, Chick! And the same with Els!

Hope that your discomfort has gone post QofP, Wabo. Work was good, thanks!

I don't fancy your session,  Hazel!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Have a nice day tomorrow with your daughter Wabo.

Nasty winds approaching Chicksta and Els, take care.  

I did my box ticking run yesterday Ale and Dustin.  I guess getting those done gives you points for mental toughness training.

Lots of working steps today Ale.  I probably did a couple of hundred heading for the kettle and something to eat during my working hours.

I didn't really fancy that session either.  One big loop - outwards was warm-up and back was put my foot down and a short cool-down.  I ate quite a heavy lunch and was regretting it rather but fortunately all stayed quiet.  About 6.75k in the 30 mins - around HM to LT pace.  Hard work but got it done.