Sunday 30th January 2022 Well, my daddy left home when I was three

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited January 2022 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Well, my daddy left home when I was three
Didn't leave very much to my mom and me

What: half an hour or so

Why: routine

Yesterday's boy's name lyrics: You Can Call me Al, Paul Simon.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Afternoon!

Quiet! 

What: 44 minutes

Why: to bring up 39k for the week. A couple of shorter days meant I didn't quite get to the intended 40. No worries!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Well done Alehouse even if you couldn't do what you wanted as you say no worries

What: 2¾ miles
    Why: building
    Last hard: Today all seems hard ATM
    Lyrics familiar

I am doing 2 structured runs a week the remainder  I try a minimum of  2 miles 
    Tried to see if I could manage a mile non stop 
    Did it twice with a short walk between. 
  • Lyrics - of course, but is it a boy's name!?
    Quiet indeed, also quiet outside after yesterday's storm, another on it's way.
    Sneaked in 3m, tapering now!
    Off for coffee with a friend, have good runs all!

• Oops identity crisis returns
  • Afternoon!

It will come back gradually, Pammie! 

I was confused by OH tapering, Els! And of course it is a boy's name: it says so in the title!!! And yes, there is indeed calm before the next storm. M76 and I are supposed to be running longer tomorrow; we may postpone until Wednesday given the forecast.
  • Afternoon

Close enough indeed to your 40k goal Ale. Bonus minutes on top today.

Goal achieved x 2 Pammie, well done.

Good for you to have a chance to run between the storms Els. Hope OH is doing well.

Hope chicksta is ok, reports of the storms in Hamburg in our press this morning.. 

What: 41k cycle
    Why: ok conditions for outside trundling before the return of winter tomorrow
    Last hard: some of the hills today, legs tired from yesterday's hilly run. 
    Last rest: 30.01.22

Lyrics: no
  • Nice to see yo back on here, Pammie 😊
    Stick with it. I only restarted running last summer after two foot ops with lengthy recovery times. I'm nowhere near my paces before the op but I'm pain-free which makes me happier than a fast mile.

Kudos to your friend, running in this weather, Els.

Nice cycling, Hazel. I always get terribly cold on the bike.

Crazy history of injuries, ale. Hope the MRI sheds some light.

So the storm was pretty crazy. Didn't manage much sleep but roof and fence held up. It's still blowing a bit of a hooley. Gusts were 63 mph last night, down to 50 this afternoon. I didn't want the wind to cross my "run every day in January" challenge so I walked 2.5k into the storm and ran back. It was hard to stay upright and I was glad to be back home. Box ticked ✔️
  • Well battled, Chick! Box indeed is ticked! (And the history list is only the spinal section...add Achilles, prostate cancer, hamstring etc and I judge that I am lucky to be running at all!).

41k cycle in winter does not sound like my sort of fun, Hazel, not that I cycle. Have trouble using the exercise bike!

Re the lyrics, by coincidence I switched on Sky Arts and there was today's singer singing today's song!