Sunday 6th February 2022 Deep down in Louisiana close to New Orleans

Deep down in Louisiana close to New Orleans

Just dropped Els to start in cold heavy sleet 1⁰C.
Still dark ...

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    OH wins the race to start the thread by seconds!
    And yes to the lyrics.

All suggestions for a new theme welcome!

What: fitness suite plus a run

Why: Sunday

Well battled, Hazel!

Good win for Spurs, Wabo!

Go well, Els! Hope the weather is better than it is here!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • A close run start indeed.
    Slightly drier and a touch of blue in the sky now. (Falkirk looked dismal at 7am)
  • Fingers and toes crossed for Els today. Glad to hear the weather has perked up a bit OH. Poor conditions are not nice for supporters either. Or have you somewhere warm and dry to retreat to?

Does your fitness suite not have a treafie Ale so you can avoid the nasty stuff outside?

What: 19k before brunch
    Why: this week's long run and getting out before the storm
    Last nice: today's run was strangely pleasing, just a routine sort of outing, more or less one-paced but I relaxed and trotted around with no pace pressure and didn't watch watch at all.
    Last hard: some of the gusts but as above just trotted on and ignored them
    Last rest 04.02
    Lyrics: no

• Penultimate lap and the Towers of Falkirk
  • Afternoon!

Well done, Hazel! Much better when we don't put pressure on ourselves! 
    re the treadmill, I will only run on it if absolutely necessary. 

Hope Els is ok! Not the day for an ultra! Or ultra supporters!

What: fitness suite then 35 minutes d&d

Why: stretches, then to bring up 40k for the week. Very wet underfoot and windy but managed to avoid the worst of the rain. 

Picture below is the river near me: you can't really tell which is the river and which is the road. OH and I have run along this stretch I think! And nearly every Monday I run along there with M76...but I suspect not tomorrow!
    The banks of the river Mersey have broken near to Didsbury Golf Club on Ford Lane
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Els looks far too happy!
  • Yes! Well done Els! Thanks for the pics OH, she looks great.
  • Extremely well done, Els
  • Afternoon

Well done Els 

What 5km
    Why weekly habbit 
    Last hard the wind
    Lyrics naw  
  • 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻 Els. Brilliant.
    Love those leggings 👍🏻

Biblical rain here too, Ale. No flooding yet 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Character building run, Hazel. Glad you were rewarded with an easy one today.

There's rumours at work that the Vienna marathon is back on the events calendar. I've put my name down. It's kinda nice to have something on the horizon and if my body doesn't hold up I could always do a relay leg or the half.

So just 2 miles today after the rain stopped and before it got dark. Plus some yoga.
  • Thanks folks...I did ok until last 2 laps then my legs were just too sore and there was a lot of walking . But got it done! Weather was was ok...miserable and wet at start but then some sleet and snow then the sun came out. Better course than 2 years ago when they had to reroute it due to flooding and therewas a lot of slippery mud...still mud but decent grip. Not many folk I knew but did make a couple of acquaintances including another Elspeth.
    I like those leggings too but they're on their last legs!
    Nice running folks!

• Nice t shirt and hat as well as beer, irn bru and tunnocks wafer but amused to be presented with a pack of lateral flow tests with medal!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Els, phenomenal. I also liked the leggings. You looked great. Well done and lovely mementos! 
    Oh thanks for the pics they're great
    Ale what can I say, sorry about your team. Shocker. Even at 3-1 down I was sure they'd come back. We went last night it was s good game.  As for the floods 😳😳
    Chick Vienna sounds like a lovely one to do!! 
    Pammie well done on the 5k
    Hazel fantastic distance! 
    Great lyrics and yes
    What 5k like pammie
    Why it was on my plan
    Last hard today
    Last rest 8/1
    Plan will be tough this week as I've got to get out mainly on the mornings so much going on 
    Going to visit my dils mum tomorrow who's still in royal London with GBS and still can't walk but off the ventilator 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh yesterday's lyrics were Alejandro lady Gaga
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Hiya
    Well done yesterday Wabo, Emz and also Chick with the 15 miler. 
    Hazel - well battled with your run yesterday, the 10k in a few weeks will be good! Did well getting out for a long run today too. 
    Ale - well done with the gym/run double and a decent weekly tally. Looks a bit wet there too...
    Els - Super running, and good pics OH
    Pammie - good stuff keeping up the 5ks

Yesterday was 10x300m hill efforts. 
    Today was 17 miles easy on fields / lanes. Very wet and blustery but ticked the box. 
    Why - LSR
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - this weekend.
    Kids XC this afternoon, so few hours time keeping and scoring. Obviously it rained....

lyric - of course