Thursday 17th March 2022 Would you like to ride in my beautiful balloon

Morning!

Lyrics: Would you like to ride in my beautiful balloon

Happy birthday Wabo!

What: short run

Why: easy running day. Dentist this morning, neurologist this afternoon. What an exciting life!

Yesterday's lyrics were Rocket Man, Elton John.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Likely should have known yesterday's lyrics.

Crown fix today Ale? 

Happy Birthday Wabo indeed! Have a lovely day.  Will there be cake involved?

Nice early run yesterday chicksta.  I really should make an effort to do that every now and then.  I don't have to, I guess that is the thing.  Carb loading today for that LT run?  I guess it will be the last of those done at least.

What: recovery
    Why: couple of easy days pre-race
    Last rest: 14.03.22
    Last hard: the hill back up on yesterday's run: 115m in 1k is steep.  Shuffle jogged the lot but likely should have practiced my hiking

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Another temporary crown, Hazel! Sounds tough yesterday!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Popped in to say happy birthday wabo!

Sorry I've been so awol. Lucas had chicken pox last week, work is crazy and juggling everything just got on top of me. I'm still running though and on a desperate mission to lose weight so I can fit into some summer clothes.

I think I'm basically back to sub 30 min parkrun but I'm still plodding on my lone runs. It'll come.

Club tonight so hopefully some miles there.

Also sporting a ql injury which is very painful but isn't triggered by anything specific so physio said it's ok to keep plodding.

Hope all is well here. I'll try and pop in a bit more frequently.

Have a great day
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Good to see you Emz! Hope Lucas is ok now! Best to have chicken pox and get it out the way whilst he is young! I got it at 28...
    And good to hear of the running! Speed will come back!
  • Hi all. Should have got yesterday's lyrics, know today's!
    Emz...ah the pox...I remember when all our 4 got it about a week between them all...oldest 3 weren't too I'll..little one suffered most but seemed to go on for ages. Your running is doing well though!
    Happy birthday wabo! Cake essential!
    Tough runs some of you...Hazel,chick, Dustin!
    Ale hope your fun packed? day goes well. Must be our age!
    One of those wading through treacle runs yesterday and only just 5.5 miles!
    Rest day today in the hope it will help!
    Work with half the theatre team home with Covid. Just hope the other half stay well until they recover!
    Bright but icy day!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Els: I sometimes think those Wading through treacle runs are the ones that do us the most good, at least in terms of mental fortitude!

Just over 6 nippy kilometres this morning: nippy as it was freezing, not the speed! Then dentist to cement the temporary crown back in place. 
    Neurologist later!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all

Hazel Indeed there has been a cream cake this morning, now a guinness! I hope for more cake later!!
    That hill sounds very tough, enjoy the easy run next two days
    els so much covid about now!! Hope it all gets sorted for the theatre
    emzap thank you! Plodding on solo runs sounds like me, under 30 mins doesnt!! Lovely to see you popping in
    alehouse enjoy the short run

What: only a mile 
    why: Fitting in present/card opening and getting cakes!!
    last hard this morning
    last rest: 28/2
    off out with the family later, nice
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale- wild and crazy life you live !
    Wabo- have a lovely birthday
    Hazel - 11% hills are hard work at the best of times, nice one
    Emz - good to see you , hope the little fella is OK now
    Els - sounds like my kinda run ! 

What - 50mins easy
    Why - recovery/taper
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - Tuesday

lyric - yes
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday, wabo :)  Cream Cake sounds nice. Not sure about the combination with Guinness but hey, it's Saint Paddy's Day ;) 

Ouch Hazel - reminds me of the hills at my last holiday place. 

Hope Lucas comes thru the pox quickly, Em. 

I know those treacle runs only too well, Els :D 

Ale: Kicking myself re lyrics

Recovery day today - tough sesh yesterday and the looming LT run tomorrow. Plan said 7 miles but I did only 5 to escape the rain. May do another 2 when I've finished work. The rain has stopped now and I've spend more than 3 hours in videoconferences so a little leg loosener is welcome.