Monday 21st March 2022 Hey, kids, shake it loose together

Morning!

Lyrics: Hey, kids, shake it loose together
The spotlight's hitting something
That's been known to change the weather

Yesterday's were Michael Row the Boat Ashore

Still transport linked, but am running short of ideas! New theme suggestions please!

What: around an hour

Why: M76's suggestion. Legs feel reluctant but they have an hour to wake up!

Frosty and sunny. 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Hope the legs have awoken in the meantime Ale.  I have my eye on a fairly local low key 50k - hence the long run build up. Not entered yet though.  Other than that, race as I feel like and according to availability at the moment.

Great long run yesterday Chicksta and another solid week's mileage Chicksta well done.

Hope you had a nice weekend away Wabo.

What: walk / cycle
    Why: running rest day
    Last rest: 21.03.22

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: 60 minutes, 57 of which were with M76

Why: legs were more or less awake

50k sounds a long way these days, Hazel! What would the terrain be like if you enter?

Beautiful day out there now, so cross training in the garden beckons.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • It will be as good as flat Ale - mix of tarmac and easy off-road.  My concern is that it might well be warm (mid-May).

Enjoy the gardening and nice running with M76.  I enjoyed looking at the spring bulbs yesterday on my run - mix of everything at the moment from snowdrops to daffodils.  Great to see things growing and flowering again after the winter.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon 

Apologies  been awol. Have a cantankerous  itb been unable to  run on it 

Got some new shoes now old ones terribly  worn also had it seen by physio it's better just not 100% still a bit bothersome though fingers crossed  improving each day 
    I'll try another  run on Wednesday 
    Tried 2 but didn't get far. 

Hazel all the best with 50k appeals to me hopefully  in the future 

Lyrics no idea 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - nice report, sounds a good run. a 50k? I keep thinking about one of those while I have the miles in my legs...
    Ale - decent hour done and enjoy the cross training. Looks a good day for gardening!
    I went out eastwards yesterday: 30 mins out, 30 mins back (Gorton Reservoir). It's a very good track to run along. 
    Pammie - stick with it, the new "wheels" will help.

What - drive home, easy 30 later
    Why - Taper week 2
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - Friday
    lyric - hmmm not sure
  • Afternoon..fine day here!
    Nice report and racing Hazel.
    9m ish to and around Ashton park in Bristol meeting Peter for a coffee in the cafe. 
    Next up to southmead with daughter.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Not happy with you Dustin: you appear to have taken the sun back down south with you! Now 10 degrees, grey and a little drizzle in the air. Gave up gardening and went to the supermarket instead, then to buy a couple of new pillows to see if it helps my head! 

Hope that you are back running soon, Pammie!

Enjoy the visit, Els and OH!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    How annoying, Pammie. Hopefully you'll be on the road again soon.

Hazel: Funny, I was also thinking about a 50k. There's one nearby which is exclusively on trails and packs 1000m of ascent which is quite a feat in flat Northern Germany. It sounds fun.

Happy tapering, Dustin.

Supposedly a rest day but the sun was out so I did 6 miles.