Thursday 31st March 2022 Asked a girl what she wanted to be

Morning!

Lyrics: Asked a girl what she wanted to be
She said, "Baby, can't you see?

More transport themed lyrics...although I don't think that I have many left!

Yesterday's were Ride Like the Wind, Christopher Cross: 
Christopher Cross - Ride Like The Wind - YouTube

What: run at some point

Why: got decorators in so need to work around them

-1 and a smattering of snow on waking. 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Bit of snow here too, need to get out as will be no running for a few days due to travel and a wedding in London area.
  • Morning

I knew I should have known yesterday's lyrics - I only listened to that a few days ago.

Decorating sounds messy Ale. 

Good luck with the next round of travel Els. 

6 x 1k is a good workout to get out of chicksta.  That won't break your marathon.

Glad you are starting to feel better Dustin.

No snow here yet.  Likely tomorrow.

What: recovery 8k
    Why: plan - harder yesterday and tomorrow (depending on the weather)
    Last hard: finding the right pace yesterday - ran my 10k too fast
    Last rest: 28.03.2022

Lyrics: no
  • Lyrics yes!
    8 miles run in the snow, felt surprisingly mild considering though and always enjoy seeing the morning ferries going in and out of Kirkwall harbour when I run by. 
    Enjoy your runs folks.
    Not off until tomorrow night but got to get organised as early work start tomorrow, and Peter has a midwives retirement  party in the evening before we leave!
    Off to do some cooking then walk with a friend this afternoon.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Afternoon!

Sounds busy, Els!

What: 5k reasonably easy

Why: cold! Legs never really got warm. Had hoped to throw in something quicker but that can wait. 

Hope WaboEmz are on the road to recovery. And that you are fully recovered, Dustin

Hazel: not too much of a problem if you hit a session too hard and are ok afterwards! I get concerned when they are too slow for the effort or heart rate.

Edit for March's figures: 182.21 km run (113.22 miles), 31 days run, one parkrun. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - good news at the opticians. Probably right re the neck and decorating. 
    I'll use that excuse next time Mrs D says I need to get the rollers out!
    Hazel - what ale said about the 10k. 
    Chick - You need to be in the right frame of mind (and dressed appropriately) for 1k reps. It won't upset the mara plan. miles.miles.miles. 
    Els - busy schedule so well done getting the snow run in.

Feel a load better than I did, still not 100% but should be there in the next day or two.

What - very easy 5k plus kids coaching
    why - staying sane mid taper
    last rest - Saturday 
    last hard - last week
    lyric - I think I do.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    There's always parkrun do make up for the 5 missed k reps  :D 

Of course I knew yesterday's lyrics. I guess I was a bit dopey and didn't mention it. 

Dustin: Taper madness in full swing?

Ale: I would always use professional decorators. They do a much better job than I ever could. When we moved into our house we hired a firm and 11 years on everything still looks perfect, even the ceilings. Helps that we don't smoke and don't use candles ;) (my asthma hates them).

Els/OH: Safe undisrupted travels 

Was supposed to do a 15 mile MLR today but sciatica kept me away at night so I decided not to. Wouldn't have got far anyway as we had quite a bit of snow! I'm planning an easy recovery shuffle (5 miles or so) after finishing work and then see if my leg is better tomorrow. Nothing to worry about - I get bouts occasionally due to my bulging disc. Did lots of stretching and exercises, so fingers crossed I nipped it in the bud.

432k run in March so far - 8k will bring it up to 450 which is a nice round number :) 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Yes, was thinking of at least jogging around parkrun on Saturday, Chick! And I dare say that you know the lyrics today! 
    450k in a month is good going! Just under 70 miles a week?  
    Hope that the sciatica clears up pronto.

Take it easy, Dustin! What time does your wave start? Might need your race number!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Oops, my bad - 440 of course. I did a few 70 mile weeks but I also did very little running in the first week of March when we were on hols.

Today's lyrics are familiar but I can't make the tune...
  • Lyrics - yes
    Running - not much
    Away to London, leaving tomorrow night, for niece's wedding, overnighting with Ellie and Christine on route.
    No word of spinal injection yet ...

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

We are all almost there. Still very tired and snotty and coughing but everything is feeling better. We are really hoping we are all negative lft tomorrow and can go out. Lucas home 24/31 days in march...(I think mine and Lucas' lfts will be negative as they've never been positive despite my positive PCR and Lucas and my symptoms, so we are really relying on hubby lft!).

Have managed a few socially distanced walks this week but that's it, totalling maybe a mile each if that...

Chick that is phenomenal mileage, well done!

I need to get back to it... Slowly does it though...