Friday , 1 April 2022 - In an April dream

Morning 💐

Lyrics are seasonal and not transport related today.

In an April dream, once you came to me

So MLR time in freezing cold wind today. The joys of a spring marathon campaign ❄️❄️❄️

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Chick feel you're chilly pain! 
    Lyrics no, familiar maybe

What after a whole week off maybe I'll try something
    Why just not felt up to it
    Last hard Saturday 26th
    Last rest 31/1
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Good progress, Emz!

Hope you get out there today, Wabo!

And you got the chilly MLR done!

Lyrics: not today

Yesterday's were Drive my car, The Beatles.

What: probably half an hour or so easy

Why: probably all I will want to do. 

Had an unexpected phone call offering me a DEXA scan this pm: cancellation. Was told on Monday it would be two months or so!

Was going to say that the Manchester Marathon was cancelled: Dustin might not have enjoyed the April Fool joke!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Don't envy Chicksta the chilly MLR - no wait I have one of those later as well... Snow whirling currently but not settling fortunately.  Chicksta was probably already finished with her run before I got out of bed - still struggling a bit with the clock change.  Feel a bit of a slacker looking at 440k for the month!

Good mileage for March Ale and good news about the scan too. 

Nice you can drop in on Ellie and family on your way south Els and OH.

Fingers crossed emzap.  Take it nice and easy.

Wabo too.

Can we stalk you around Manchester Dustin?  No worries if you don't want that though.  I love a bit of armchair marathoning.. :D

What: chilly MLR, supposed to do some 2k efforts in it but we will see about the conditions first
    Why: plan
    Last rest: 28.03.2022
    Last hard: concentrating on my screen and work - there is a flurry of activity outside as the neighbour opposite is having a new garage done - I also like doing armchair (or desk chair) building site supervision.

Lyrics: no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Sorry for the massive spacing at the end of my opening post. No idea where that came from.

Enjoy the building activity supervision, Hazel :)  I had lots of entertainment in the home office lately due to Telekom laying fibre cables. They dug up the entire road and most of our drive, so lots of activity. 
    Hope your MLR goes well.

I nearly froze to death on mine. I decided to do laps around the harbour basin at work so that the buildings could provide some shelter from the nasty wind. It worked partly but I can't say it was a pleasant run. Only 2 degrees and the strong wind made it feel like minus 5. I never got warm!

Haha, that would have been a cruel April Fool's joke, Ale! Poor Dustin. I'm so gullible I would have fallen for it. Hope the scan goes OK.

Hope you feel better, wabo. I hear from lots of people struggling with chest infections (nothing to do with Covid).

So, 15 miles done. I was a lot slower than on the progressive one I did last week but that was on a beautiful still morning before the clocks changed. And my harbour lap has 2 steep ramps and a few 90 degree turns that always break my stride. That's my excuse anyway. 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Well toughed out, Chick! re the large white spaces, seems to be happening often on the first post of a new page, but only on my laptop and not on my phone!

Have decided to run after my appointment. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Just about to jog round to pool for aqua walking before a few days enforced idleness sitting on trains.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    You will have to run up and down the platforms, OH! Enjoy the break!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - hope you make it out 
    Emz - glad to hear you are on the mend!
    Chick - epic March Mileage, about the same as me. Well done on the 15
    Hazel - hope you get the 2ks done!
    Ale - good news about the appointment. I'm waiting for the race to be 'snowed off'!!!

What - easy 35 mins
    why - taper madness
    last rest - Saturday
    last hard - last week

So #7849 , not sure if there is tracking.
    I'm in Pink A but I'm probably going in Pink B (with a 3.30 pacer). 
    Due off around 9.30-9.45
    Heading up tomorrow, and looking forward to it. To be honest the time is important but not so much as the mojo restoration the schedule and the training has brought. Really enjoyed this process and we've had a great group all training for this (I think my club have 15 or so taking part).
    If I get anywhere near 3.25 I'll be made up, 3.30-3.40 is my default race pace, so 3.30 happy, 3.40 a bit annoyed. 

May post tomorrow if I get a chance but I won't be doing much more than stretching my legs before the usual pre race beer and curry  :D 

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Didn't get out. I'm just not getting better from this cough now my sinuses are bad. So fed up 
    Dustin good luck tomorrow!
    Chick great running, it was so cold and windy here too
    Hazel hope your run went well
    Alehouse lovely bit of luck with the scan
    Night all. Not going to say I'll run tomorrow because I have no idea
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can