alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited April 2022 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: I had to escape, the city was sticky and cruel
Maybe I should have called you first
But I was dying to get to you

Back to transport themed songs!

What: parkrun, albeit it gently

Why: meet up with a few people. Too cold to run hard! Do hope it is a little warmer for tomorrow's marathon, Dustin!

Back later!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Enjoy park run Ale
    what - travel to Manchester 
    why - little run tomorrow 
    last rest - today 
    last hard - the waiting…
    lyric - I think so
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Morning again!

Hope that the travel is nice and easy, Dustin! And enjoy the curry and beer!

And hope Els and OH also are having a good journey in the opposite direction!

What: parkrun

Why: wanted something a little quicker as haven't done a longer speed session this week. Very cold at around 2 degrees when I arrived. Warm up didn't get me warm despite lots of layers. Decided to run with tights under shorts plus long sleeved top and gloves. Nearly missed the start getting the other layers off and also talking to Cal from Shades' thread who is also running Manchester marathon tomorrow. First km 5:16, last km 4:30 with the ones in between getting progressively quicker. Around 24:30 which whilst slower than the 24:13 from a couple of weeks ago at a different venue was easier. Official time 24:8 and first in age group, surprisingly. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon

Travel well Dustin, Els and OH.

Like the choice of pre mara meal Dustin. Thanks for the number, will try to check up on how you are doing.  Good luck of course as well!  'Fraid the 2k efforts didn't happen.  Felt a bit tired and the conditions were not really inspiring.  I have done workouts in worse though.

Well done on the 15 miles Chicksta.  

Being ill is dragging on a bit for you indeed Wabo.

Good parkrunning Ale.  Well done on the 1st in your AG.  Nice you met up with Cal who I chat with on another thread too.

Forgot my March stats:  running 223 miles (back over 200 for the first time in 6 months off of a 5 day running week), walking 31 miles,  cycling 115 miles.  Better mix of activities than in the past with just running miles and miles.

What: rest day runningwise - walk in a bit and a bit of turbo trundling.  Vigorous cross training also done - snow from A to B and dust from A to B (aka housework)
    Why: long tomorrow
    Last rest 2.4.22

Lyrics: grrr - they won't "out".

• White and fluffy stuff..
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Alehouse great park running! Happy for you
    Dustin excited for you!! 
    Hazel wow lovely photos it always looks so pretty. Great march miles! 
    It is dragging on so I called 111 and have to get antibiotics, drink lots of water (which I do) and keep spraying sinex thing - doc said these things can actually linger for weeks  but at least get rid of the infection 😳
    I'll do nothing again today, I don't even want to
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    That looks pretty, Hazel. It's just the totally wrong time of year 🤪
    Nice stats. I'm plannig to do more cross training after Vienna.

Well done, Ale. That's a strong parkrun. I remember Cal from the P&D thread. Hope she's doing well.

Oh no, wabo. That sounds so nasty. The ATBs should do the trick.

Relax now, Dustin. And keep those race day nerves calm. You're more 3:30 than 3:40! I'm hoping for a 3:45 time and your training paces are a lot quicker than mine.

No parkrun for me. I was knackered and needed the zzzzs. I redeemed myself by doing the remaining 1k reps from Wednesday. Still had to dress up warm. Only 2 degrees despite being sunny. Managed 4:11, 4:15 and 2x 4:24. First 2 with strong tailwind, the other two had a crosswind. Then an epic slog home against the wind. 7.5 miles in total.
    To complete the record: Wednesday's were 4:29 and 4:28. Too bad my HRM died. Lungs were fine, legs were another matter. Mileage is catching up with me 🤣

Yesterday's lyrics were April Fool's, Aretha Franklin. And I don't know today's. Although I probably should.