Monday 4th April 2022 Meet me by the entrance of the tube

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited April 2022 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Meet me by the entrance of the tube
We can talk things over a little time

Lines two and three of today's transport themed lyrics!

Have a good day at the wedding, Els and OH!

Hope the legs are trashed, Dustin! If not you didn't run hard enough! You sound pleased with yesterday: well done again! Are you still in the north: weather is foul today! Wet and windy. 

Nice 21, Hazel, including some at pace! 

What: undecided, but will run at some stage and have my kit on ready

Why: weather will delay or change things, plus M77 is away for his birthday so no commitment to meeting up.

Decent result, Wabo! The second half will have cheered you up!

Hope Pammie is running again. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning..

Good the foul weather held off for a day for Dustin.  Nice sneak under 3:30!  Recover well - are you back at work today?

Have a nice day at the wedding Els and OH. 

All ready to nip out for a run then Ale.  It seems only a couple of months ago that he became M76!

What: walk, cycle (hopefully outside)
    Why: rest day
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: 4.4.2022

Lyrics: no today
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the report, Dustin.

Strong 21, Hazel. The exact opposite of mine as my legs were totally giving up on me 🤣 I even have mild DOMS today. An easier week is coming up and proper taper starts next week.

Ale: thought about Pammie too. Hope she's ok.

Yesterday's lyrics were Thunder Road by The Boss, Mr. Bruce Springsteen

A recovery walk in wind and rain this morning. Definitely not running today 😊
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    hazel they won 5-1 and I did go! So glad. Sounds like your long run went well
    DUstin wow!! Well done, look forward to the report
    OH & Els, have a great time at the wedding
    Alehouse very happy I went, it was all I did do this weekend
    Chick, sounds sensible

What: not sure, might try a mile run to daughters later
    why: got to start sometime
    last hard 26/3
    last rest: yesterday

Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Glad you went, Wabo! And you will be glad if you get running also!

What: 73 minutes, largely off road. Raining at the start, and wind against. Rain soon stopped and by and large had the wind behind on the second half.

Why: went out at the time I would have gone with M77.  Ran a little quicker and a little further than I would have done with him; began to run out of steam after about 55 minutes. Longest run this year.

Lyrics: running short of transport themed songs! Are we going with sport next? Other suggestions welcome: a few from me...
    - time (dates, seasons, months, hours etc)
    - numbers
    - natural environment (deserts, mountains, rivers, trees etc)

All thoughts most welcome!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Well done with the long runs, Chick, Hazel and Ale
    Hope OH & Els had a good time
    Re lyric choice - happy with any of those...I'm sure we'll cover them all in the future anyway.

So Manchester:
    Drove up Saturday and had a semi restful day (War Museum, a nap, and dinner with 3 other runners - despite what you may think I didn't have beers & curry!!). Up in good time to get a taxi/tram to the start. 17 from my club were running so I was bound to bump into some more as I wandered around the start. 
    It was a "waved" start : fastest to slowest, I was in wave 3 (3:15) but opted to go back one, in with the 3:30 pacers plus 3 of my club mates. 
    Aim was to run as close to 8min/miles (5min/ks) as possible and hope not to blow up.
    First 10k heads south (Chorlton) then into the city centre. I let two of the other guys go that took off at 7.40 pace, I aimed to keep a lid on it (first 3 7.58/7.50/8.00). Out and back and saw two of our lady runners ahead of me (on paper , I'm quicker). Through the first 10k, right back by the start area in 49:40, so right on time. A small detour through Salford then out SW towards Sale and Altrincham. Miles 6-14 all 7.45-7.55 to hit halfway in 1.44. Although not feeling as smooth as I hoped, the miles were ticking off in reasonable comfort by this stage and was managing to stay on top of fluids (can't stand gels so use isotonic tablets in water). 
    Planned to hold 8s to 19-20 miles and see what happens next. These miles take you out and back through Altrincham so by the 30k marker you're heading back to the finish. 30k in just over 2.28 so still on track. 
    Between halfway and 20 miles I caught up and passed the two ladies from my club but were both still going well. I also passed one of the other guys who was starting to suffer the odd cramp and was just running in comfortably (he finished barely 90s behind me, so didn't lose much).
    20-23 always a challenge, but ground out 3 more miles just a shade under 8s. Last 5k through Chorlton and back to base so it was head down, keep working. 24 in 8.01, 25 in 8.07, so unless it all went wrong, sub 3.30 was there for the taking...
    Last mile seemed to go on forever (don't they always) and was starting to tighten. Mile 26 in just under 8.30, then it was turn to the finish and a gantry that never seemed to get any closer...
    Picked up the last quarter mile to finish in 3.29.33
    At the top end of what I was hoping for and really pleased with how it all held together- last 3-4 miles I was just passing people. 
    Caught up with 2-3 of the club mates afterwards at baggage reclaim then later in the city for a few beers with another dozen.
    Top results from our guys, fastest ran 2.39.20, 4 others sub 3 (including second V60 and a first time sub 3-er), of the two ladies I passed, they finished in 3.35 & 3.45 (the latter a club record for her age), and all our runners were sub 4 including 9 PBs.
    It's not the most inspiring of courses, but definitely a fast one.
    Certainly enjoyed Mancunian hospitality afterwards and a big roast dinner in the evening.
    Woke up this morning to grey skies and drizzle and a drive home. 
    Thank You Manchester - that was great.

Today : easy 5k
    Why - see if the legs function
    last rest - Saturday 
    last hard - take a guess
    lyric - not so sure...

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    some super runners in your club Dustin!! Glad it went smoothly, you give Manchester  good rating then!
    Nice running alehouse, I very much doubt I will run today.  I just want to go home get comfy and get on the sofa :/  
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Brilliant report, Dustin! Well executed and your club training seems to have paid off for all concerned! 
    No, not an inspiring course but looks like decent support on most of it. Definitely quick. I imagine that you would do it again. If there is a next time I will join you for hospitality afterwards!

And pretty sure everyone knows the lyrics!