Thursday 21st April 2021 The sun always shines down in my xxxxxxx xxxxxx

Morning!

Lyrics: The sun always shines down in my xxxxxxx xxxxxx

Taken from the chorus. 

Yesterday's nature related song was The Hills are Alive from the Sound of Music

What: see how the legs feel when they get going

Why: listening to them

Off to watch my first day of cricket of the new season later. The weather will no doubt be cloudy and cool.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all - a bit quiet!
    Enjoy the cricket Ale, nice day for it (well here it is anyway!)

What - light ruin, Under 11 coaching
    Why - easy day 
    last rest - 02/04
    last hard - 19/04
    lyric - possibly....
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Very quiet indeed, Dustin! 

13 degrees at cricket with a strong wind. Most people well wrapped up!

What: just over half an hour d&d

Why: pre cricket loosener?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    alehouse enjoy the cricket
    lyrics yep
    Dustin, light ruin?  Not sure I should say enjoy lol! Enjoy the coaching though

Ive got the two granddaughters from today still Saturday, wish me luck! Got all sorts to do, school run, ballet classes, classical greek rehearsal, you name it!!

What: rest day
    why: managed 5k on the rides with my mate last night and we were both pleased to even get round
    last hard: that was
    last rest: tuesday I think

have a good day all, I'm off soon till MOnday

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    That sounds like you will be having your hands full, wabo. Well done on the 5k run. 

Brrr, chilly cricket session does not sound like much fun, Ale

Hazel: we're driving to Vienna tomorrow. I generally run badly the day after a long drive so we decided to get there a day early. 

Sounds stressful, Els. Will have have to undergo more surgery?

Just found out there's parkrun Vienna now. I think I'll give that a go. Just jogging round, mind. Too bad it's slightly too far from my hotel to run there and back. It's a little over 3k away one-way so 11k in total the day before a marathon is probably not a good idea. I'l just drive there. It seems they have a carpark. 

Watched a bunch of youtube videos about the race and I'm getting quite nervous now. This is my first race since 2019. 

A very gentle 5 miles today to buy bread and I don't think I'll manage anything tomorrow. Well, I may run circles around the Tesla superchargers on our charging stops ;) 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon! 

Sounds like a great plan, Chick! And all the best for Sunday!

Well run in the forest, Wabo!
  • I'd love to visit Vienna Chick, make sure you enjoy the whole event!
    Wabo, busy Granny.
    Ale, enjoy the cricket!
    Chick, another procedure in the cards, main anxiety is have I made right decision to go for it but I would feel easier going off places alone if all the aneurysms are treated, still the same stroke risk with each procedure though.
    Sadly though inevitably my friend passed away last night, was told at work this morning and struggled to deal with the news. 
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening 
    Elspeth I'm so sorry
    Ale hope you had a  good day

Chick enjoy  Vienna

What just over 2½ miles
    Why because 
    Last hard today a bit

Lyrics  no

Meant to run yesterday  sorry Ale met a few friends  for  lunch one is recovering  from an op and is returning  to work soon got invited back to hers wine was involved and I was in bed before 10

• Evening

Sorry to hear about your friend Els. Hope you can find some quiet minutes to think about her. Hard start to the working day. Tough decision to make by the sounds of it, with the necessary travel on top.

Does sound a bit cool for watching cricket Ale. Good idea to do the run first.

Hope the training went well Dustin. Bit confused by light ruin too.

Busy times ahead Wabo, good thing you got out for your 5k - well done.

Travel well chicksta, must be quite a drive. Similar sort of distance from here peering at the map. Easy parkrun to move the legs a bit sounds like a good plan.

Missing that run won't hurt pammie, you got a decent night's sleep then?

What: 19 undulating k, i.e. slow
    Why: didn't want to drive to flatter ground, pretty breezy anyway
    Last hard: the stone in my shoe I was too lazy to remove. Not quite a blister fortunately
    Last rest: 19.04

Lyrics: no, I thought the sun only shines on TV?