Friday 22nd April 2022 There'll be bluebirds over...

Morning!

Lyrics: There'll be bluebirds over...

Another natural world song! Yesterday's: Rainbow Valley, Love Affair.

What: another run to feel

Why: legs need some TLC

Els: I was saddened to hear about your friend. 

Chick: travel well!

Hope that you can get out whilst the little ones are at school, Wabo!

19k sounds a decent run, Hazel!

More cricket after my run; looks very grey at present. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Sunny but likely a bit cold / breezy for watching cricket here Ale.

Not long to go till the weekend.

What: likely another MLR
    Why: couple of higher mileage weeks left to do
    Last rest: 19.04.

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Grey and a very chilly breeze for my run so will be well wrapped up for cricket.

Hazel: apologies, I can't remember what and when your target race is. You seem to have been putting a good block together. 

What: just over three quarters of an hour, largely off road d&d

Why: probably this week's MLR. Was very gentle and for once I watched my heart rate to consciously keep it very low. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • (flattish) 50k on 14.05. Ale. 

Do you have a chest or wrist based HRM?  My wrist HM gives out pretty erratic results so I tend to ignore it.   Other than the odd giggle about 200+ rates on gentle recoveries.

Lyrics in the meantime: of course..  Haven't seen those for quite a few years!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Thanks Hazel! I remember now!

I usually use a wrist based monitor and having compared it with a chest monitor I find it surprisingly accurate: I wore a chest monitor from  the hospital for a week last year when I wasn't well and got exactly the same readings. In any case I just use it as a guide and as long as I am comparing things using the same watch every time then that is fair!

And I imagine everyone knows these lyrics!
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Morning

I know the lyrics 

A few miles later 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els - so sorry to hear about your friend, thoughts and sympathies with you 
    Pammie - good work getting the runs in!
    Hazel - decent MLR yesterday, enjoy todays too
    Chick - travel well and good luck for the weekend. Goals?
    Wabo - nice one with the 5k, good luck with the kids...
    ale - enjoy the cricket. Today it's grey and cold here - yesterday was a beauty

Looks like I added an extra "i" to run - although ruin sometimes sums up how I feel....
    Just 4km yesterday before coaching the U11s

What - 2hours at teatime
    why - out tomorrow (london) and Sunday (timekeeping at track meet) so today is the only opportunity to get an easy long run in.
    last rest - 02/04
    last hard - reckon today will be - I grow tired as the week goes on....
    lyric - of course
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hi guys 🙋🏼‍♀️

Arrived safe and well in Vienna. It's about 950k or 600ish miles. Piece of cake in a Tesla. It's the best car for chilled driving 😊
    Even managed a bit of jogging at two charging stops and an easy trundle around the block where our hotel is. Now tucked up and full of pizza. Carb loading s a bit meh.

Els: Sympathies, that's very sad news about your friend and your looming op does sound scary 😔

I'm with Hazel regarding wrist monitors, Ale. Mine showed 172 when I ran earlier. That's most likely my cadence 😉

No to lyrics today ...

Not sure about goals, Dustin. Deffo sub 4. Sub 3:45 would be great and another 3:3x mayyyy be possible if all stars align 🙏🏼

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Quick late post
    Els so sorry to hear such sad news
    Chick have a great weekend, how exciting
    Lyrics yes
    Benchmark Run done today avoiding to my plan lol
    Catch up tomorrow, got the ballerinas to deal with in the morning
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can