Saturday 23rd April 2022 Let me take you down

Morning!

Lyrics:   Let me take you down
'Cause I'm going to...

From the chorus. Yesterday's natural feature: The White Cliffs of Dover, Vera Lynn

What: half an hour or so

Why: see how the legs feel

Enjoy the foreign parkrun, Chick! Then take it easy!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Quiet!

What: about 15 minutes then 25:28 minutes then about ten minutes

Why: warm up and down with parkrun in the middle. 10 degrees and blustery. Not the easiest of courses, I find: one that OH knows well! 

I intend to go to cricket this afternoon but hope to watch from the pavilion. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Nice parkrunning Ale.  Hope you get a spot in the pavillion. You are lucky your wrist monitor works well.  I must have too puny wrists.  I think it often picks up on the cadence as chicksta also mentioned.

Good luck for tomorrow Chicksta!  Glad you arrived well.  I'm sure you will beat my poor effort from last autumn (3:51:xx).  

Enjoy London today Dustin and good luck with the timekeeping tomorrow.

What: out for a recovery in a few minutes
    Why: easy run between MLRs and a long run (peak mileage week).
    Last hard: back to back MLRs were a bit tiring
    Last rest: 19.04.22

Lyrics: hmmm.
  • Lyrics yes
    Nice parkrunning Ale.
    Hazel...dunno what my HR monitor picks up but sincerely hope it's not my real heart rate...probably best to ignore it!
    Hope chick is getting on well and glad her journey went well.
    13mntrail run mainly with a friend this morning which was nice...still chilly though! Got to knuckle down with computer this afternoon.
    Have a good Saturday all.
  • 39:34 parkrun but quite happy with that as I was carrying a flag and wearing a frockcoat (Abe Lincoln runs again)
    Fancy dress for Kirkwall parkrun 4th anniversary.
    Lyrics yes
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Excellent pics, OH

I'm glad my back to back MLRs are done for a while, Hazel 😉

Nice parkrunning, Ale.

I did parkrun too. It's a 3 lapper in a beautiful park by the Danube. Jogged round in 26:32 with a Geordie bloke and a Welsh girl chatting about marathons and life in general.

Then a sightseeing tour organised by work. We rode in a historical tram, so not too much walking. Putting my feet up now before I go to the team dinner.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Carb loading 😅

Tram

Running for Ukraine 🇺🇦
    The lousy paintjob explains why I don't usually paint my nails 😆
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Doubt I could hold that flag in the wind, OH! Sounds like fun!

And your trip sounds fun as well, Chick! Enjoy tomorrow as best you can!

Was cold at cricket but mainly watched from the pavilion.

Emz? 
  • Wasnt so windy today Ale!
    Enjoy tomorrow Chick...would love to visit Vienna sometime.