Tuesday 26th April 2022 Just to let me down? (Let me down)

Morning!

Lyrics: Just to let me down? (Let me down)
And mess me around

Second line! Loose link with nature!

What: probably an easy run plus long stretch

Why: Tuesday
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Haven't read chicksta's big report yet - will save it for later.

My 317.55 CHF reappeared fortuntely.  Small fry in the big picture but what goes in must come out again.

Hope you get some sleep in pammie.

How did the racing go Dustin?

Nice to have a good run post work Els.

Brr to 7.5 degrees OH but I'm a wimp.

Have a good run and stretch Ale.

What: solo + group
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 25.04.2022

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chick - great report , sound like yet another for the bucket list.
    Serious question: what took longer , the marathon or writing the report  :D
    Hazel - enjoy the group outing
    Ale - enjoy the easy

lyric - not sure
    Yesterday's were "A forest" by the Cure

what - club session , hill reps
    why - training day
    last rest - 02/04
    last hard - yesterday: vets league at Portsmouth
    first up, the 2k walk. I've done this a few times so I'm "not bad" at it. All ages & genders go together so after a crowded start by 300m everyone is pretty much sorted...
    Took a couple of fast starters on lap 2, then after that it was a solid effort all the way.
    5th place, 12:48. Surprisingly all the top 5 were V50s....
    Other races "for fun" as we had enough athletes to fill the scoring places.
    Shins a little sore (race walking does that to you) but thought what the heck, lets do the 400m....
    Scorers went off first, giving me an extra 5-10 minutes to recover, then called to lane 5 for a 4-man "non-scoring" race...
    at 200, I wasn't being undertaken, coming into the home straight, I was still in front. Just as a marathon starts at mile 20, the 400m starts after 350m. Someone replaced the track with deep treacle, but managed to keep the effort going for "the win" in a so-so 74.9seconds
    To think I used to run dozens of these as intervals in the low 60s.... 
    Finished that and a few club mates were doing the 1500 either scoring or for a time. What the heck, numbers pinned on, and it's only 100m round the curve to the start....
    So 20 minutes after debating my life choices after the 400, I find myself on the start of a 1500m race.
    Aim: run "comfortably hard" and aim for sub 6 (I'd usually expect 5.10-5.20 for a 1500). 
    Solid start, ticked off laps 1 and 2, lap 3 is normally where it hurts but actually felt reasonable, so with 500 to go upped the pace ever so slightly and the last lap was a solid enough effort for a 5.54.9
    slowest time in years, but decent enough after the earlier endeavours.
    Absolutely loved the evening. And to cap it all, our men placed first, and ladies third.
    Next one in 6 weeks (800 & 3k. I will not do the 200....)

• Well done Dustin!
    Hazel, glad you balanced the books! It was freezing here doing the Tesco shop first thing, I'm hoping it will warm up though only a little run pre yoga on the cards, hoping for long run Friday. Household chores now!
    Enjoyed Chick's report but made me realise I'm not in the same league as any of you guys! Just a slow plodder these days. Want to enter Dirty Thirty again for my 5th (silver/plastic) medal but not convinced Peter yet! And lots of other things may get in the way.
    Have a good day all!
    Lyrics, not a clue!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

45 minutes largely easy d&d; did include 7 x 30 secs hill sprints.  Trying not to be a slow plodder! Which I am sure that you are not, Els!

Well done on finding the money, Hazel!

Nice reporting, Dustin. Definitely took you longer to write it than to run the 400! Race walking used to make my legs sore, also! Definitely different muscles. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I certainly am Ale, I'm sure you covered more ground in 45 min than I did in just over an hour! Anyhow enjoyable run in cool sunshine. Followed by a tough yoga session, not sure if she's making it harder or because I've missed a couple of weeks! Legs too wobbly to jog home!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Glad you guys enjoyed the report.

It took me nearly as long as the race, Dustin 🤣
    Well done on yesterday's exploits. I can imagine that race walking must be quite hard on the legs of you're not used to it.

Els: We all run to the best of our abilities. The age group winner did 3:03. I guess I'm a slow plodder by her standards. Main thing is we get out there and enjoy what we do.

Phew, Hazel. Glad the money turned up.

We rented ebikes today and did a nice tour. Legs seem back to normal which is surprising. May try a bit of a plod tomorrow.
  • Enjoyed Chicksta's and Dustin's reports in the meantime.

Excellent age group placing and WAVA score chicksta.  Great to be able to do the race as a team.  Maybe I should work on my boss (who runs a little bit).   Probably a good thing you didn't drink that smurf blood at that stage of the race. Seems that the build up with P&D worked well for you even though you didn't do as many long runs as you normally would.  Vienna is on my maybe list for a future marathon.

Great triple Dustin - I think you would have beaten me soundly on all 3 events there.  Great overall results for your team too.

Els: chicksta sums it up perfectly above :) Room for everyone.

Well done on the hills Ale - tough sounding workout. 
  • Wouldn't drink the smurf blood either! Though I have seen a running smurf!
  • Well done Dustin, sounds tough!

Swim, jog to Aqua Walking, back via Post Office to collect Swedish Kronor (SEK).
    Made some gingerbread seals and booked hire of tower scaffold (our friend from whom we were going to get a loan has gone down with Covid) for raising microphones, camera and lights to ceiling level in church on Thursday.
    Lyrics no

I, too have seen a smurf runner or two but no blood spilt.