Sunday 8th May 2022 The tax man's taken all my dough

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in Training
Morning! 

Lyrics: The tax man's taken all my dough
And left me in my stately home

Yesterday's were Saturday night's alright for fighting, Elton John.

What: short run, long stretch

Why: Sunday routine

Forecast is for plenty of sunshine; mind you they said that yesterday and it didn't happen.

Great game yesterday evening, Wabo! A point at Liverpool: most Spurs' fans would have taken that beforehand. Played with energy and commitment.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Afternoon.
    Journey going well so far. Kirkwall Aberdeen Fri night, train to Newcastle, boat to Amsterdam now on train to Hanover then Rostoff where we catch a ferry to Sweden tonight.
    Not much self propulsion though I did jog to decathlon for some leggings in Aberdeen!
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

sounds quite  a journey Els

Sorry not been about another  one of them weeks ran Thursday  but forgot to post.
    Didn't run Wednesday a little tender still from sports massage 

What 5 miles run walk 
    Why it was warm I go out in the midday sun 
    Last Hard today
    Lyrics thought I did but was wrong.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sorry for being AWOL. We went on a day trip to Essen yesterday.

5 miles is great, Pammie.

Fantastic pics, Els. So you nearly came by my house if you're on the way from Hanover to Rostock ;)

Dustin: with you on not liking 10ks. They're horrible.

I hope the sunshine materialised, Ale.

So no running yesterday for obvious reasons and 6 miles east today. It's Mother's Day here and we had my parents over for cake 🎂🍰

Yes to lyrics.

Have a nice evening, all.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Evening

Forgot to post yesterday - or rather forgot until I didn't have any time before an evening out.

Don't remind me of the tax man (or in my case lady) Ale..  GRRRR..  Hope you got your sunshine.

Travel well Els and OH - like the mix of train and boot!  Thanks for the pix.

Midday sun/warmth takes a while to get used to pammie.  Wasn't so long ago it was still winter!

Hope you had a nice long run today Dustin.

Thanks for the advice Dustin / chicksta.  Prognosis looks a bit better in the meantime, worst of the heat will be mid-week and less towards Saturday.  Start is at 9am.   I am generally someone who goes for the go for it approach - will take discipline to start off slow.  We will see.  I was thinking about starting off at a sensible pace anyway for a couple of warm-up miles and then seeing how I feel.

Chicksta that ultra looks great but also quite tricky.  

What: last MLR (12 miles) with 5 @3:30 mara pace
    Why: enough to keep the legs ticking over but without getting tired - just a couple of recoveries and a dress rehearsal next week
    Last rest: 5.5.2022

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els - nice pics and glad to hear the travels have been stress free!
    Ale - hope you had a decent sunny run today, shame about the football though I imagine...
    Pammie - well done on the 5
    Chick - a couple of easy/rest days are often very useful (and cake obviously helps too...)
    Hazel - well done on the 12, good when those runs go to plan

What - 17 miles over the trails with some club pals, including the full half distance of our club's trail race. Ground still pretty firm, so bodes well for race day (5 weeks today)
    Why - course recce, check marshal points 
    last rest - 02/04
    last hard - that was, pretty warm, and quite hilly but great to be out. 
    lyric - yes
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Evening everyone. 

Hope you're all keeping well. After a range of issues (mostly covid and work related) that caused a 7 month severe lack of training, I'm finally trying to get back in to the swing of things. Did 10k earlier in the week, parkrun yesterday and junior parkrun today with the boys.

Dublin marathon due this October and London next April.

Lyrics - yes
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Great to see you Chamolk! Onwards and upwards! And stick around! 

Enjoyed the photos, Els! 

Sounds like a good weekend, Chick!

Sun came out, Dustin, but not really until pm when I spent much of the time in the kitchen! 

Cut my run short today. Light headed. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Chick...really...were not quite at Hamburg yet and running a wee bit late. Any tips for getting from Rostoff to ferry quite late sunday evening?
    Ale...not so good.
    Hazel...sure you have the experience to pace it right!
    Dustin...nice long trail run!
    My feet are getting itchy for a run!
    Chamolk...great to see you back. Any running plans?