Monday 9th May 2022 Six o'clock already

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Six o'clock already
I was just in the middle of a dream

Yesterday's were The Kinks with Sunny Afternoon

What: the plan is an hour with M77

Why: his plan but will have to see how I feel

Hope that your travel went to plan, Els and OH.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Morning from sunny but very flat Skona! Journey went a bit pear shaped when we discovered there was no bus and no available taxi just outside Rostoff at 10pm. Managed to muscle in on someone else's cab in the end and caught ferry. Then this morning were loaded onto shuttle bus on trelleborg along with half the crew... driver didn't know we were there and left us licked I'm bus while he did his shift as stevedore for another boat going out. Finally attracted attention by banging on window and after another hiatus got taken to travel centre. Only a few 100 m from ferry but a madness of speeding  lorrys wouldn't like to walk round there. Now on train to Lund. Exhausted by 9am!
    Have a good day folks!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sounds manic, Els! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els - sound chaotic! 
    Ale - hope you feel better for the M77 excursion
    Chamolk - good to see you back! Good luck with the mara training

What - easy 10k 
    why - office based recovery
    last rest - 02/04
    last hard - yesterdays trail fun
    lyric - not so sure today

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Epic travels Els.  I think you will need your holiday now!

Great to see you back chamolk.  Dublin and London will give you something to work towards - good luck!

Nice long trail run yesterday Dustin. 

Take it easy Ale.  Hope M77 is gentle to you.

What:  walk and gentle/short cycle
    Why: Monday rest day - would normally do a longer cycle but should save the beans and the legs as it always involves hills
    Last rest: 09.05.22

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: 61 minutes, largely off road

Why: with M77. Very slow and didn't feel quite right but far better than the last few days. Happy with that.

Re lyrics, there is a clue in one of my posts above!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a stressful journey Els!  Hope the rest of the trip is calmer!

Sorry I have been AWOL (again).  Life is just so hectic I can't keep up with everything at the moment.

Did a 29:40 parkrun on Saturday so hoping that's me back under 30 min.  Need to chip away at it.

Then marshalling at a race yesterday.  Lucas and I were on car park duty which was very boring as there were about 20 cars in total over the 3 hours we were there.  We got to go out on the course for a little bit too so Lucas could run with some of the runners to "encourage" them towards the end.

Ale enjoy your run today!

Only 3 weeks till Alcester 10km and at this rate I'll be surprised if I get under an hour...anyone know how to swap my legs for some speedy ones?  :joy:

Off to parent and child yoga this evening and maybe club after (though timing is tight so we'll see)

Happy Monday all.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Good to see you Emz! Sounds like you are all healthy now! Can't help with the speedy legs!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hey Chamolk, good to see you. I hope you're fully recovered and that training for Dublin and London goes well. 

Also good to see you, Em. A sub 30 parkrun is a step in the right direction. Fingers crossed those legs know what to do in 3 weeks   :D 

Els/OH: What a complete nightmare! Sorry, I missed your post yesterday but I wouldn't have been much help anyway. I only got as close to Rostock as traveling east on the A20 towards Usedom :) 

Sounds positive, Ale

Absolutely yes to lyrics and very apt as I switched my day off for Wednesday ;)

9k run this morning and a good 30 mins of s&c at the gym. 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    lyric now yes, thanks to the clues....
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon 

Hello Chamolk don't know if we've come across each other but hello
    London and Dublin the 2 marathons I've done but 18 months apart good luck

Hazel thanks tbh majority  of runs have always been afternoons even when I ran a lot. Always suits the weird shifts I do

What: 2 miles and a bit
    Why : keeping regular 
    Last hard today 
    Lyrics no

2 night shifts hoping for an easier week so sleep tomorrow  hopefully  
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening
    Emz that made me smile about Lucas running to encourage the runners 
    Els blimey what a journey! You two are intrepid!!
    Pammie nice running, do you do any of the elvis League?
    Chick great training
    Ale great run with m77
    Hazel sounds like a nice rest day
    Dustin hope your run was in
    Chamolk nice to hear you're posting

What nothing
    Why rest day
    Last hard yesterday morning
    Last rest Friday
    Have a nice sleep all!! 😂😂
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭