Tue 10th May - I've nothing much to offer

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
Lyrics - I've nothing much to offer, there's nothing much to take.

Only got yesterday's lyrics after your hint Ale.

Nice to meet you Pammie, and good to see everyone else is still here. I'll need to try and catch up to see who has been doing what. Sounds like a few of you have been having trouble running recently.

I'll need to look back to see what you're at Els, your trip sounds pretty rough.

Did 30 mins yesterday, about 3.5 miles I think. Probably just similar today - planning 8 weeks or so of base training just to get back in to things before I start the harder training

Comments

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Nice to see you back Chamolk.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Thanks for the lyrics, Chamolk! And no, I don't know them.

Yesterday's were The Bangles with Magic Monday.

What: short run, long stretch

Why: Tuesday

Working shortly otherwise I would perhaps run longer.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Sounds like a sensible plan chamolk.  Hope your work and otherwise situation lets you fit in your running better than in the past months.

Nice to see you pop in too WP - hope you are well.

Probably should have known yesterday's lyrics Ale.

Well done on the sub 30 parkrun emzap.  Marshalling with not enough to do is probably the worse scenario..

Good to get some s&c done yesterday chicksta.

Sleep well today pammie.

Hope you had a good rest day too wabo.

What: group this evening
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 09.05.22

Lyrics: no but maybe I should
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Moving house after 30 years is a nightmare! especially as Mr WP is not able bodied.Anyway ........

What Nothing
    Why: Too exhausted
    Last hard: This house move beats everything.
    Lyrics: That is a no from me.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    WP...good to see you. We have been in same house 33 years now...thought of the hassles of moving is terrifying!
    Definitely not intrepid...at the point where I thought the little bus was going to drive onto another ferry going who knows where I was horrified! Anyhow all good but don't reckon on the journey back we'll make the Rostock connection with 55 min to unload us from boat and travel back to the train station so considering various options.  All costly!
    Quiet day wandering around Lund in the sun yesterday..amazing fish soup in fish market, university buildings, botanic gardens and a park!
    Plan for morning is trip to forest with some running trails..Thomas warns me not to trip over any wild boar! Not a hazard I have yet to encounter at home.
    University buildings and botanic gardens.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yesterday's lyrics: Manic Monday, not the auto corrected Magic!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - enjoy the group run
    Chamolk - base building is the way to go 
    WP - hope the move goes smoothly, where are you heading to?
    Didn't really think about it, but been in mine for 27 years...
    Els - great pics!
    what - easy 5 miler at lunchtime
    why - not training tonight, out with Mrs D so squeezed some miles in earlier
    last rest - 02/04
    last hard - Sunday
    lyric - nor so sure

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the lyrics, chamolk. And I do know them :) 

Great to see you, Poppy. Please stick around. 

Have fun tonight, Hazel. 

Enjoy your outing with Mrs. D., Dustin. Special occasion? 

Fantastic pics, Els. And the weather looks gorgeous. It's a bit dull here today. Please do not trip over a wild boar!

10k run this morning.

My workmate who I met yesterday has tested positive. Hey ho. I hope I'm not getting it but I guess sooner or later there's no escaping. Better now that I have no races planned. So far my lateral flow tests are negative and I have no symptoms. 
    Fingers crossed you escape Chick! Guess you weren't hugging him!
    No wild boar incidents but embarrassingly got lost on 10k loop...several times. Peter did 5k, me 10 and Thomas 15. He got back before me also embarrassingly but there was a lot of stop and try to work out way to go moments. 
    Stroll around stadespark this afternoon and coffee and chocolateballen!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lovely pics els!
    Chick fingers crossed you've escaped it!
    Poppy good luck with the house move
    Chamolk good to see you.

Mother child yoga done with Lucas last night. Thought it was going to be easier than my normal Tuesday night yoga (same teacher) bit it wasn't! Lucas got bored about about 20 min and climbed on me! To be fair he was the youngest by 10 years!

Then did 10km at club 

Today just a long walk home from the nursery drop off to get a bit of exercise in.

Happy Tuesday!