Wed 11th May - I only knew you for a while

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
Lyrics - I only knew you for a while, I never saw your smile, 'til it was time to go, time to go away

Yesterday's were Absolute Beginners by Bowie, which is kind of how I feel again at the minute after not running for so long. I know it'll come back with time, but it's hard not to look at my training last year and get impatient to get back to that level. I can't really remember when I stopped posting last year, but I got a few PBs over the summer - got down to 19:53 for the parkrun, 41:52 for 10k and 1:30:36 for the half marathon before it all fell apart. I'd been training hard all summer and after the half at the end of August it took me ages to recover - ended up cancelling the Manchester half. Then I started working too many nights per month and just didn't have the time or motivation to start again.

Anyway, it's getting back on track now - 30mins easy yesterday again.

Thanks for the pics Els, looks lovely

Good luck with the move WP

I thought magic Monday sounded pretty good Ale

Hope it stays negative chick

Emz - what age is Lucas now?

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Those were great PBs chamolk!  You will get back there.

Good luck with the move WP.  I can imagine that you have collected quite a lot over the years?  My last move was about 18 mths ago and I think we could do with a clear out again.

Thanks for the pics Els - looks very nice and lovely weather too.  I would be cautious with the wild boar - don't get between a sow and its piglets (these are very cute though). Chocolateballen sound interesting!

Hope you had a nice evening out with Mrs D Dustin.

Fingers crossed Chicksta. 

Lol to Lucas "assisting" at yoga Emz.  I was also wondering how old he is now?  Nice exercice double for you.

What: some sort of dress rehearsal i.e. a couple of miles at race pace.  Haven't actually decided what that will be yet.  I will wait until it is nice and hot this afternoon to see how I cope with that too.
    Why: race on Saturday
    Last hard: tapering is boring, also trying to get in a few extra carbs but not enjoying it
    Last rest: 09.05.22

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Make sure that you don't rush back, Chamolk...but I'm sure that you know that! Consistency is the key although that might be hard given the job and the boys! I would also try to throw in some injury prevention: stretches/strength/conditioning. No reason to be back to where you were and beyond!

No sunshine here, Hazel: pouring, and if you look at some forecasts it is due to stay that way for the rest of the day.

In December I will have been in my house for forty years!

I enjoyed the vision of Lucas and yoga, Emz!

Sounds a good trip, Els/OH!

What: a run at some point

Why: the weather needs to improve before I step out of the door! Hoping for 30 minutes plus as a bit of a leg loosener. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morniing all,

Em: Lucas must be 2-3 years I imagine?

Hazel: A lot of stuff in the time frame honestly it is crazy and when downsizing a nightmare when Hubby is a hoarder!
    Good luck with taper.

Chick: Fingers crossed.

What 4 mile run
    Why: Because and stress reliever
    Last hard: past three weeks
    Lyrics:No I dont think so
    Weather Wet wet wet here.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Stopped raining this pm so...

What: just over 40 minutes

Why: break in the weather but cool and windy at 10 degrees. Dressed for winter again, including gloves. Supposed to be warm at the weekend. We shall see!

I seem to be permanently carb loading, Hazel...
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Emz - well done with the club 10k
    Chamolk - impressive PBs last year, soon be back there but be consistent getting there
    Chick - fingers crossed re covid. Was just a local concert (Robert Cray) last night. More Mrs D's cup of tea than mine, but a bit of blues on a Tuesday is good for the soul.
    Ale - well done missing the wet stuff
    WP - good work getting the run in
    Hazel - hope you kept it easy...

What - 9 miles including 10x 350m hill efforts
    Why - missed club set yesterday so got the session in today
    last rest - 03/04
    last hard - that was...
    lyric - dont think so
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening

Chamolk speedy 5km time. But as others said don't rush it. Its just about consistency and patience. 

Feeling  tired today decided on one of my  20:22 runs not done since injury still kept it slow even tried to slow down the slow  🤣 so I walk less. Just had a 2 minute  walk in the middle 
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Evening all, good running going on. Nothing to report from me today.
    Day out in Malmö, a lot of walking around, park, museum, beach, Swedish police station from the bridge and most important meeting Thomas's partners parents for lunch...first time we've met. Went ok I think!!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Pammie barking 5k is where I've seen you I'm sure. Nice going today
    Els great photos, good mate of mine is in Sweden right now as well. Her son is married to a Swedish girl
    Good luck moving WP
    Chamolk glad you're back here and getting back into the running 
    Hazel hope the dress rehearsal went really well and you're good and ready - sure you will be
    What 50 mins and some short walk bits chucked in with good friends
    Why one has been really ill and come back
    Last hard today
    Last rest Monday
    Have a good night - sleep time I guess!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can