Thur 12th May 22 - you got me running

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
Lyrics - you got me running, going out of my mind, you got me thinking that I'm wasting my time.

Yesterday's were Together in Electric Dreams by Phil Oakley /Giorgio Moroder

Had a rest day yesterday, was pretty tired anyway after working the previous few nightshifts. 

What race have you coming up Hazel?

Ale - definitely will be including those. Made an effort to do more last year and it really seemed to help

Dustin - nice session, it'll be a while until I try something like that

I'm enjoying a quiet cup of tea before the boys wake up and the noise starts again.
Hope everyone has a nice day

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: a run of some sort
    Why: I'm apparently preparing for a 10km...
    Lyrics: nope

You're right hazel, Lucas is 2.5.
    Lovely pics els!
    Chamolk you and me both trying to get back there....I've got 6 min to get my 5km down by though....
    Pammie well done for only having a short walk break.

Have a great Thursday all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes!

Big match tonight, Wabo?

Hope you have good runs, Emz and Chamolk! 

What: looking for a decent length run today

Why: seem to have been a little lazy the last fortnight, although haven't been feeling great. Must stretch as well.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    chamolk, enjoy the peace!
    lyrics no
    Emz me too with the 10k, although I am actually doing a 10k on Saturday, cross country.  will be slow! Enjoy your run today.
    Alehouse, nervous for the game!! Have a good run today!

What: 1 mile done this morning, telling myself it isn't a streak...
    why: I actually just wanted to
    last hard: some of that 
    last rest: Monday
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

A local 50k chamolk - small field, low key.  Will be the first time I try a longer than mara on the flat.  Hope you could enjoy your cuppa in peace.

Fingers crossed for the footie Wabo. 

I will +1 to enjoy the running today everyone.

Ale I could send you some heat?  19.2 degrees on the shady side of the house at the moment.

Hope you got some stress relief from your run WP.

Nice hill work Dustin and well done for doing the session solo. I hope I was well behaved with 5k @ 5:00min.  Race pace will be slower though.

Good progress pammie, you are not far off of not walking at all there.

Sweden looks good Els - only any idea of it from reading Mankell's novels.  Glad the family meet up went well.

What: rest day (walk and short gentle cycle planned)
    Why: freshen up the legs but I get sluggish, achy and cranky if I don't move at all.
    Last hard: want to get it done with no
    Last rest: 12.05.22

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    hazel wow excited for your race!! I think I felt cranky this morning hence the mile run
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - getting exciting!
    Pammie - well done, getting it done!
    Wabo - a mile is a mile, nice one
    Chamolk - you'll get there! hope you enjoyed the peace while it lasted...
    Ale - good luck with the (relative) MLR
    Emz - I'm sure you'll smash the 10k, all heading in the right direction. 

What - easy few miles & U11 coaching
    Why - Thursday easy
    last rest - 02/04
    last hard - yesterdays hills
    running a 10 mile race on Sunday (local village one) no idea what to aim for or whether to pace some of the village group...
    lyric - gnawing away at me, should have got yesterday's ...
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

A little chilly (8 or 9 degrees) and slight breeze here, Hazel. Not bad for running but will gladly have your sunshine this pm!

Are you going to the match, Wabo? Both teams have been playing pretty well...which probably means that it will be a terrible game!

What: just over 75 minutes d&d, almost all off road

Why: LSR
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I'll be there alehouse. I think it will be a good game
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Good afternoon :) 

Sorry fo rnot posting yesterday. It was my birthday and hubby took me to a surprise overnight stay in a lovely country cottage. I did manage a wee run before we set off. Back at work today, so it was a very short escape but a beautiful one. 

Love the pics, Els. The windmill one looks more like Holland than Sweden :) 

Your runs are getting longer, Ale.

Wow chamolk, your PBs are impressive. You have age on your side so I'm pretty sure you can get there again and even better them. Just don't do too much too soon and keep in mind what shiftwork does to your body. 

Lots of upcoming races it seems - 10ks for wabo and Em; 10 miles for Dustin and Hazel's 50k

No running yet - we drove home this morning and I went straight to my desk but I'm hoping for either a short run (too warm for my liking) or a walk later. 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Happy (belated) birthday, Chick!
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday Chick. Lovely to get a surprise like that. Dunno about having age on my side any more, though I know it's all relative - I turned 41 last week.

Finished my tea in peace this morning, and got out for 30 mins around lunch time - definitely felt a little easier than it had been recently.
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Chick Happy Birthday yesterday!
    Hazel...the landscape is v much like in Wallander films in Skane the region where Thomas lives. Hillier in the north I believe but we aren't going there. Going to Stockholm for 3 nights on our own Mon as T has work but back for Fri and Sat before going home. 
    Little running happening but as I'm having another procedure on 20 June and prob have to social distance/self isolate for 2 weeks before next 3 event I had planned will be unlikely.
    Today we went to Ven...island between Sweden and Denmark...apologies if you already know that. A long day with hired bikes with coaster brakes which were hard to master but a lot of fun! 
    Good running from all of you and hope the race goes well Hazel!
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Tycho Brahe...the statue was a slightly mad aristocratic astronomer who presided over Ven in the 1500s...his astronomy was done without the aid of telescopes and he had part of his nose amputated in a duel as a student and wore a prosthetic nose! He was also an astrologist and predicted that Christian 4th of Denmark would be barren...he produced 21 children to spite him!
    I will go back to talking about running soon!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying your trip, Els and OH (although probably not as much as Wabo is enjoying the Spurs' match!)! 
    Where's the nearest parkrun? I believe there's one in Malmo. Or you can nip to Copenhagen like I did. The only parkrun where I have got lost!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Alehouse the best night honestly!!!
    Chick happy belated and what a lovely treat!! 
    I'm happy