Friday 13th May 2022 : I don't care if Monday's blue

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning! 

Lyrics: I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's gray and Wednesday too

Bet you are still on cloud 9, Wabo! What a match! Incredible atmosphere!

What: probably a short run, possibly the fitness suite

Why: ran long yesterday
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Have a good race on Sunday Dustin should we not meet before on here

Good long run yesterday Ale.

Belated happy birthday for yesterday Chicksta. Nice treat from your OH.

Spring chicken compared to most of us I believe Chamolk. (I am 48).  Very much belated happy birthday for last week too!

I'm also enjoying the holiday commentary and pics Els.  Love the one with T on the bike with his tongue out! 

Hope you got some sleep Wabo.

What: short gentle recovery with a few strides
    Why: get the kinks out (mentally and physically)
    Last hard: bloody cat bought a mouse home in the middle of the night the subsequent chase (OH and cat!) led to a disturbed night.  We just found it sulking under the sofa and returned it outside very much alive and kicking
    Last rest: 12.05.2022

Lyrics: yes
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Fun night, Hazel! Not!

What: 32 minutes or so fairly easy

Why: recovery run, although it turned out to be quicker than planned, which is fine. Grey and about 14 degrees with quite a strong breeze. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon 

Happy belated Birthday Chick 

Hazel oh dear. Hope you have a most restful night  tonight

Wabo Bet your happy. One of our  managers won't be 

What 3½ miles
    Why consistency
    Last hard. Today just a little
    Lyrics  familiar 
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    All the best for the ultra Hazel!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els/OH - looks like a fun trip
    Chamolk - belated birthday wishes for last week, you are a mere baby....
    Chick - that sounds like a welcome min break, belated Birthday wishes.
    Hazel - sounds like a fun packed night! Hope tonight is better...good luck with the race too.
    Ale - good when those easy runs seem to be a bit brisker, especially after a LSR yesterday.
    Wabo - stopped smiling yet? Two of my gooner run pals went...
    Pammie - good run today, keep that consistency going! Well done.

what - 75 mins easy trails with plenty of protein snacking
    why - stretch the legs and too many flys about...
    last rest - 02/04
    last hard - Wednesday's hills
    lyric - ah yes, know this one.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the birthday wishes. Much appreciated :) 

Good to see you increasing the miles a bit, Pammie.

Chamolk: Deffo age on your side! I ran my PBs in my mid 40s - it all went downhill from there :D 

Hazel: Eek, a mouse in the house! Is your ultra tomorrow or on Sunday? Best of luck! I hope it goes really well. 

Yes to lyrics, Ale

Love your holiday pics, Els. I do remember learning about Tycho Brahe in school. 

Just 5k for me this morning. I was super tired and needed some extra zzz. Thought about hitting the gym after work but I can't be bothered now and just want to camp on the couch ;)

Have a great weekend, all. 

Injuries here but not us. Thomas went to play badminton last night and tore calf muscle...hopping around/sitting on sofa today. Hope it's not going to last. So we've been let out alone, went to a couple of beach areas but absolutely torrential outbursts of rain between fleeting sun. A reasonable walk but no run and a nice lunch at fish restaurant. Back to my friend in Edinburgh's funeral service online...sobering and sad.
    Cooking dinner and Peter making gingerbread. 
    The bridge just visible before clouds came down again and a bizarre manacled tennis player in the woods!
    Re Tycho. they had a mock up of his underground observatory with someone reading his writings
    and some trick optics....highlight of my primary school days was trip to Armagh planetarium to hear Patrick Moore....maybe Ale is only one who remembers him. Very impressive.
    Is ultra tomorrow Hazel, Scottish ones almost always on Saturdays?
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening - ultra is tomorrow.  Think I'm sorted now and alarm clock is set.  Thanks for the good lucks.  Will join chicksta on the couch with an AF beer.  
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    I remember Patrick Moore, don't worry Els. As well as The Sky At Night, he was also on a show called Gamesmaster and wrote some sci-fi books.

Sounds like a pretty disrupted night Hazel, hope it's quiet tonight.

A bit quicker than planned isn't a problem if you feel good Ale.

Equally rest of you feel you need it Chick

Consistency is the way to go Pammie

We've got the flies here too Dustin, pretty bad the last day or two.

Just back in from a 5 mile run. Lovely evening here, and the flies clearly agreed. Heading in to work shortly, first of 3 nights in a row this weekend

Lyrics yes
    Yesterday's were Don't Bring Me Down by Electric Light Orchestra