Sat 14th May - I went in to an alehouse

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
Lyrics - I went in to an alehouse I used frequent, and I told the landlady my money was spent.

I always think of this when I see your name Ale

Nothing much new to report since my last post last night, I've been at work all night and just home. I'll see how I sleep today/how I feel later but think I might have a rest day.

Hope parkruns/races go well for anyone doing them

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: of course!

Yes, go well anyone racing/parkrunning! Will especially look forward to Hazel's report!

What: going to parkrun

Why: haven't decided whether to watch or run round. Won't be running hard!

Yesterday's lyrics were The Cure with Friday I'm in Love.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Race cancelled so I'm going to park run instead, have a good warm up and cool down
    Have a good park run ale
    Chamolk rest well
    What park run
    Why see above
    Last hard Thursday
    Last rest yesterday
    Took daughter shopping yesterday, she needed a day out with mum! She discovered that she's reached the age where she likes m & s clothes 😂

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hazel if your race is today, go well! 
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Hazel All the best. 

Nothing today. Though thought it was Sunday when I woke. Then realised I have to go to work 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh pammie!!
    Nice park run in the middle of a progressive run
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Done
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

parkrun here also. Ran quite hard without being in top gear. Was supposed to be progressive and largely was: 5:26, 5:14, 4:58, 5:05, 4:36 for 25:04. Happy enough with that. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hope Hazel is flying :) 

Another one here to remember Sir Patrick Moore. We loved to watch the Sky at Night and always wanted to have our own shed-observatory!

Joining you in the progressive parkrun, Ale. I didn't intend to go crazy because I haven't run much and not fast at all since Vienna so I had hoped for a 25ish jog. First lap was bang on target: 12:30 but then I spotted a few ladies in front who seemed to be slowing and I decided to put the hammer down. Second lap 12:09 and my last few hundred metres had a 3 in front. Oops! Very happy with a season's best of 24:39 which is also a post Op parkrun PB. 

About time I resumed proper training because I was redlining today. 

Chamolk: Always wanted to ask what medical field you're in. Bizarrely the guy from the bike shop where I bought a new bike recently, is a knee surgeon. He said he's bored by being surrounded by medical weirdos day in day out and needs to be in touch with real people so he helps out selling bikes on Saturdays. He's really knowledgeable.

Wabo: That bit about the M&S clothes made me chuckle. I'm at an age where sporty road bikes are no longer fun and I prefer to sit upright with motor assistance, hence the new bike ;) Maybe I should go to M&S too as befits my age.

Yes to lyrics.

Have a good weekend, all. 
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Survived.. Ran well until about half way but struggled with the heat and couldn't get in much in the way of nutrition as my stomach wasn't amused. Think I drank too much initially. Second half saw regular short walks and a general slow down. 3rd lady in a small field, I led for quite a while. One participant collapsed and had to be taken to hospital. Hope she/he is ok. I assume getting to hospital must be good news at least.

Tired but can still walk though slowly, feet a bit annoyed, tearing off a bloody sock was errmm not nice!

Will write more..
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Afternoon!

Well toughed out, Hazel! Sound like tough conditions. Looking forward to the full report!

Nicely done, Chick: plenty more to come off that in the future. A long time since I saw a 3:XX for any kilometres! And even longer since I saw a 2:XX. Doubt that will happen again but the 3 has an outside chance!

ElsI'm far too young to remember Patrick Moore. 

Wabo: M&S made me smile. Fortunately I am still too young for their clothing, underwear and socks aside.

Eurovision party, Emz?
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Ale...aye right!!
    Hazel, well done, it's tough when it's hot, look forward to report!
    Chick, speedy!
    Chamolk, work gets in the way!
    Lyrics yes of course!
    Finally a short run just in parkland just next to Ts, trails and still amnaged to get a little lost. Gonna be unfit! Walked a lot this morning, to Ts favourite bakery for supplies, to see the cathedrals and general mooching around. Lunch out with T who is still limping badly!
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Astronomical clock in cathedral, at noon and 3pm there is music and a procession, on the hour the little horsemen on top fight each other. We're easily amused!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya, Late pop in from me to say well done to Hazel!!
    what - just 4 miles with 6 x 100 strides
    why - village 10m race tomorrow, no expectations...
    last rest - 03/04
    last hard - Wednesday
    lyric - think so