Friday 20th May 2022 I closed my eyes

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: I closed my eyes, drew back the curtain
To see for certain what I thought I knew

When Chamolk wrote I close my eyes yesterday I initially thought it was this song.

What: hopefully 40 minutes plus

Why: need more sleep first.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Nice pics yesterday Els & well done Pammie!
    Ale - me too, so yes for today!
    what - 5.8mile run from Waterloo- Wharf
    why - early morning fun run
    last rest - 02/04
    last hard - that was a bit huffy and puffy with the back pack
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Almost confused by yesterday's and today's threads..

Hope you got back to sleep Ale?

I was hoping you would get a HO day in compensation for the commuting woes yesterday Dustin. 

Well done on the weight loss emzap.

It is the potential of summer heat that is putting me off planning an autumn A race as well chicksta.  Cooler weather for us next week by the looks of it.

Sweden seems to have good weather too Els. Shame you couldn't get out in the kayaks.

50 mins compensated for missing the race nicely Wabo.

Well done for getting out for your run after all Pammie. 

What: cycle later?
    Why: run rest day today, depends on motivation in the heat / potential thunderstorms
    Last hard: yesterday's midday run - only mad dogs etc... Did have a mostly shady route but shade also means hills - ran/shuffled 10k which was further than I intended actually. 
    Last rest: 20.05.22

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Yes, got back to sleep, Hazel

What: just over 50 minutes largely off road, although it is very firm under foot at present

Why: wanted 40 plus so kept adding bits on

Off to cricket shortly so no doubt it will rain! Supposed to be a max of 14 today. And breezy, which it was whilst running.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Weather report: arrived at cricket. Very wet. 13 degrees, feels like 11. Should have kept on marking!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Nice pics yesterday, Els. 

You have to be in the right mindspace for racing, wabo. But well done getting out and getting that run in. 

Ale: Yikes! That's cold. We had 30 degrees yesterday but thunderstorms last night cleared the air and today it's a high of 22 which is a lot more bearable. 

Hazel: Nice getting 10k done. 

Oh no, Pammie. Hope the window is fixed. 

No to lyrics. 

A little over 10k for me on the "nightingale trail" :)  It's a cyclepath framed by dense shrubbery (disused railway line) and there are more nightingales every year. It started with one pair 25 years ago, which was a small sensation. But there's literally hundreds now and I just love their song.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening
    Chicksta no not yet  its boarded up. Its council so least I don't have to worry  about the cost. 

What about 2¾miles 
    Why. Still light after work
    Last Hard That managing running for a mile non stop 
    Lyrics no