Sun 22nd May - Pale, pubescent beasts

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
Lyrics - pale, pubescent beasts roam through the streets and coffee shops

Not long back from seeing this band on the final night of their tour

Neck was/is an annoyance but not a problem. I had a few days without running but it hadn't gone away fully so I just ran anyway last night - 4.5 miles easy and the neck was ok

Knew the last two days lyrics. The one before that was Dust In The Wind by Kansas

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

You have my sympathy re the neck, Chamolk! Mine is a little painful at present, no doubt due to all the staring at the screen marking.

What: it will be a bits and pieces day today

Why: helping at Great Manchester Run. Got to be there at 7:30! Will run before, during and after!

Yesterday's lyrics were Queen and David Bowie with Under Pressure.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Hiya gang! Feeling a bit grim after a poor nights sleep on ferry to Rostock last night and now got a dad to sit around here before getting train to Amsterdam tomorrow. Can't check into hotel til 3pm ! Hey ho. Had a good last day in Sweden with son and middle daughter. Went to beaches in South and East coast, the Ales stane stone ship, a small hill with a great view and finally dinner in Ystadt befor catching 11pm ferry from Trelleborg. 
    Need to get running again soon as home but today too tired and next 2 days full on travel!
    Do some miles for me folks!
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Oh and there was an apple farm as well!
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening

Good to hear you were out for a run Chamolk.

Early helper start Ale. What were your tasks?

Nice pics Els, particuarly like the first one. Travel well, bit less hassle on the way back.

What: modest start to the hiking season. Just short of 10m and 500m +/-, two small gorges.
    Why: something other than running
    Last hard: bits of yesterday's cycle back up the hill
    Last rest:22.05.22

Lyrics: no

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

I was on crowd control, Hazel...not that there were many spectators at my point four miles into the race. And I have no idea why we had to be there at 7:30 when the first runner came past at 8:50. Parked about a km away and ran to and from and a bit more after, although I find it a struggle running with a back pack these days...and the legs feel a bit trashed anyway, which I think is from sitting at the laptop for long hours, which I am not used to. 

Thanks for the photos, Els, and hope it is a smooth journey home. 

Hike sounds good, Hazel! A good way to maintain fitness!

And I bet Spurswabo is happy this evening!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Spurswabo is so happy!!! 
    That's a Long time to be there ale
    Great photos els
    Hope your neck just gets better and better chamolk
    Did 50 mins run today
    All good
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening

Nice photos Els 

What 5km TT
    Why short run
    Last hard that
    Lyrics no

I started the year doing  a weekly  5km last one in February then I got injured. 
    Aster a few weeks going longer did another 5km today and quickest one of the year. Though  still got a long way to go