Monday 6th June 2022 It's time to come together

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: It's time to come together
It's up to you, what's your pleasure?
Everyone around the world come on!

Taken from part of the way through I song that I heard a couple of times over the weekend. 

Yesterday's were Cliff Richard, Congratulations. No doubt that featured during The Jubilee. 

What: 30 minutes or so with M77. Might do more afterwards, depending on the niggles.  

Why: he is racing on Wednesday, hence a shorter run for him today.

11 degrees, feels like 9. Grey and damp looking. 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning all, back late last night. Busy work day today. Travel is tiring! Nice few days with grandsprog and her parents though and a couple of runs down there.
    Hope I'll get a little run in tonight but will be tired!
    Hope everyone had a good BH weekend. Weather was fantastic in the borders and a calm trip on the boat but it was so busy as was duthie park in Aberdeen where we had a walk before the boat. 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

All sounds good, Els!

What: just over 40 minutes

Why: added 10 minutes on to M77's 30. Hips very sore though or would have made it more. 

Chamolk will be pleased to hear that it was traksters, gloves, two thermal tops, waterproof...but no hat. Just about right. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - enjoy the run with M77. We've had that sort of weather the last day or so, winter returning!
    Pammie - excellent progress with the 10k
    Els- sounds like a hectic weekend

what - Vets league tonight, probably doing the 3k and perhaps a bit of triple if no other V50s available.
    why - meet 2 of the year. A 3k is a good tempo set to see how far off the mark I am...
    last rest - 02/04
    last hard - expect today will be

An absolute delight of a weekend: Friday headed to the Malverns for an overnight stay with dinner, drinks etc.
    Saturday drove an hour north to see #2 before heading back to the Cotswolds for another overnight stay, wine tasting and dinner
    Drove back yesterday after a full english and a few coffees. 
    9 easy miles yesterday running past a couple of garden parties in torrential rain....

lyric - yes 
  • Nice to hear were having better weather than you southerners! Though not as warm here as in the borders!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    The land of the midnight sun. Nearly!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Beautiful, Els. Sounds like you had a great time.

Wow, Pammie. Well done. 10k is quite a jump, isn't it?

Ale: How on earth can you run dressed up like that? And what do you do when its proper cold 😂? If it's over 10 degrees it's t-shirt weather for me.

Perfect bank holiday schedule, Dustin 👍🏻

Lyrics: I think so

6 miles including 12 stair and 12 hill sprints. Followed bymre gardening so my back is now on strike.
  • Chick...think the weather's not great down south! But still nice here and dragged myself around scapa after work.
    Sounds tough work Chick. 
    Thinking an early night is indicated!!
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening

Lots of washing with all those layers Ale. ☺

Hope the track races go well Dustin. Ideal weekend!

Glad the travel went well Els. Lovely pic.

Careful with back chicksta.

What: 10 mile hike in the Jura region, easy river gorge then up onto the higher plains (1000m approx.), varied scenary - lots of old trees and stone walled pastures.
    Why: bank holiday and less overrun in general than the Alps
    Last hard: crap sleep the last few days, maybe an early night too
    Last rest: 06.06.22

Lyrics: no