Tue 7th June 22 - I'm the dandy highwayman

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
Lyrics - I'm the dandy highwayman you're too scared to mention. I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention

Yesterday's lyrics yes

Sounds like a nice weekend Dustin, hope the races went well last night.

That seems pretty late for the sun to still be up Els, I suppose you're more northerly though.

Hope the back is ok today chick, and the quads

Sounds like a lovely hike Hazel, hope the sleep gets better

That's a little better I suppose Ale 😄
Vest and shorts was enough for me yesterday evening - just did about 30mins easy with one if the boys cycling alongside

Easy week this week, so probably just a bit of stretching today

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: of course

Yesterday's were Kool and the Gang, Celebration.

What: short run, long stretch

Why: Tuesday. the forecast suggests that I will be wearing less than of late. 

Hike does indeed sound good, Hazel!

Stretch well, Chamolk!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Think it is a shorts and t-shirt day here today. 

What: group + a couple of solo wake-up the legs miles beforehand
    Why: Tuesday
    Last hard: not scratching any of the around 40 insect bites I currently have (ugghh)
    Last rest: 06.06.22

Lyrics: no
  • Hazel...itchy!
    Lyrics no!
    Chamolk, not much darkness at this time of year, had a late night stroll up lane behind us to see sunset last night! Only a 3m run though.
    Thinking about heading out west for a run this morning.
    Shorts and t shirt weather...13 C but I'd always take a long sleeved top or jacket....I'm a wimp!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Shorts day here too!
    Hazel - hike sounds lovely, enjoy group set today
    Ale - enjoy the run hope it's warm enough to ditch the wooly hat , gloves, coat and scarf   :D 

What - hour easy
    Why - Recovery 
    last rest - 02/04
    last hard - yesterday. Vets league meet 2
    Options were 200,800,3k plus some field. Last time (pre covid) I did the triple, 800 & 3k at this one, and that almost wiped me out.
    Opted instead for just the 3k to get a marker on where I am on the trip to go sub 20 over 5k at least once more.
    Pretty even paced run (after the obligatory fast first lap) but nowhere near where I want to be with a 12:44. However given that I've only really done marathon training and long runs all year, that didn't some as a shock. Ideally I wanted to be sub 4min/ks, Hopefully nearer to 3:45s, but I now have a starting point and something to work towards. 
    Our track reopens at the end of the month (being resurfaced) so lets see what some fast stuff, July-Sep can bring...

Lyric - oh yes. I went to a fancy dress party in this outfit once. I'll see if I can find the photos...

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Enjoy your run, Els. 

Hazel: One of the downsides of summer ... insect bites and flies between your teeth as you run.

Glad it's warming up, Ale. 

Nice to hear you had some company by one of your boys, chamolk. Didn't he get bored? Trying to entice Mr. Chick to accompany me but he can't cycle that slow ;) 

8.5 miles today with 5 x 5 mins at supposedly HM pace with just 1 minute recoveries. I've not idea what my HM pace is right now. I figured I could possibly run a 1:45 so I was aiming for just below 5mins per rep. That was quite doable so I guess I need to try a bit harder when I do that sesh again. Reps came out as 4:59, 4:55, 4:54, 4:52, 4:45.
  • Dustin...that's a tough race! Definitely want photos of fancy dress!!
    Chick, nice running.
    10 coastal trail miles ,was lovely! Lots of rabbits about the. I fell in a rabbit hole on the way back, bruised knee again, stupid!
    Not quite so warm today but v pleasant out west.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Chick - I assume you meant your reps were 1k not 5 minutes?
    Well done though, a solid session
    Did an hour easy but the hamstring is a bit grumbly. Maybe it doesn't like track after all!!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon

lyrics yep
    els - dont mention rabbit holes- my ankle still knows about them!! Hope no damage done, lovely miles btw
    chicksta great training! 
    Dustin take care of the hammy
    hazel oh yuk to the bites! Have a good group run and the solo bit too!
    ale hope the run was good
    Chamolk I love to see that - running with one of your offspring cycling alongside!

What: fat nothing
    why: ankle will not allow or I will not even try
    last hard: 28/5
    last rest: ever since
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sorry Dustin - yes, 5 mins per k. I wrote nonsense there  :D  And we x-posted. Well done on your 3k race. Sounds super tough. Watch that hamstring. 

Ouch, Els! That's not good. The dangers of running off road ;)

Did you see a doctor, wabo
  • Chick..no harm done, was a softish landing! Though mostly on my dodgy knee.
    Wabo, not too good that ankle still troublesome.