Wednesday 8 June 2022 - don't worry I won't hurt you

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Good morning

Lyrics
Don't worry, I won't hurt you
I only want you to have some fun

Forgot to say I knew yesterday's lyrics 😉

Short run and an s&c sesh in the gym today.

Comments

• chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Morning

Up early today Chick, enjoy the run/gym. Nice session yesterday.

Hazel - I sympathise. I always get bitten, even when those around me get nothing. Very annoying. And itchy.

Good luck with the knee and ankle Els and Wabo

Nice 3k time Dustin, well done. Good luck training for her sub 20, what's what I'm hoping to work towards again too.

Any warmer today Ale?

Lyrics - yes, I think so.

Yesterday's were Stand and Deliver by Adam and the Ants - number one in the UK when I was born
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Careful with those rabbit holes Els.  Hopefully not too sore today.

Hope you can find those photos Dustin.  Good work with the 3k although it wasn't as fast as you wanted.  Hamstring ok today?

I can imagine you would be faster than 1:45 for an HM chicksta.  Good progression with the reps.

Sorry to hear your ankle isn't better Wabo.

Working towards a decent 5k sounds like a good plan chamolk, I would be happy with a sub 22 for now.

What: few aerobic miles with some strides
    Why: worked hard enough yesterday on the group run and still haven't done any strides for a while
    Last rest: 06.06.22

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning! 

Lyrics: no

What: will see what the legs manage

Why: all being well will finish the never ending marking stint later this morning

Chamolk: have I missed your recent birthday? 

Yesterday's run was much warmer so only traksters and one long sleeved top; hoping for shorts today!

Otherwise what Hazel said! Plus enjoy the strides etc, Hazel!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics no
    I haven't seen a doc but I am popping along to my physio tomorrow, he thinks it is ligaments. See what he says tomorrow. 
    Alehouse hope you do finish the marking!! 
    hazel, enjoy the strides, I am missing that
    chamolk wow number one when I was born was magic moments by perry como, you make me feel old!!
    chick enjoy the short run and gym
    What: nothing
    why: ankle
    last hard: 28/5
    last rest every day since
    I can't even think of any exercise I can do as my ankle is till puffy and sore - I am ok but it is only a moment before I get seriously fed up
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all,
    Wabo - hope you get a reasonable diagnosis with a swift recovery
    Ale - I hope the bottom of the pile is within reach!
    Hazel - enjoy the easier set today. I'm sure you'd easily be sub 22....
    Chick - have fun in the gym

what - easy & stretches
    why - hammy was grumbly yesterday. Club marathon on Sunday , I don't race it but I want to get round in comfort.
    last rest - 02/04
    last hard - Monday

I "coached" a scout group (well they are beavers aged 5-7) in a running session yesterday as a one off. 
    Herding cats would be slightly easier. Good fun though.
    lyric - not so sure.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Marking finished...subject to them finding me some more, although that is unlikely, I'm pleased to say!

Dustin: I enjoyed re the beavers. And take care of those hamstrings!

Wabo: hope the physio can give you some answers. Can you do an abs or plank or whatever challenge in the short term?

Number one when I was born was still the Christmas hit from the year before. How it ever sold any copies at all I don't know: Answer Me by David Whitfield. And no, I hadn't heard of it either. 

What: 48 minutes, largely off road. Lots of puddles where there were none yesterday. 

Why: heavy rain overnight, and then again mid-morning. Shorts (!), long sleeved top and waterproof jacket, although it barely rained whilst running. Very dark, especially in the woods. Hips a little niggly or I would have run longer. 

Planning on a little gardening then a friend is coming round to help me change the motor on the oven!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    ale, probably abs as it goes, not planks though.  Wow to your number one!!
    Dustin  I love that herding cats comment!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    A little over 5 miles run outside and then headed to the gym for leg work. Legs are pretty sore now. I wonder how they are going to feel tomorrow morning ;) 

Dustin: That's brave herding those kids :) 

Ale: Hope the oven gets fixed. I had no idea there was a motor inside. 

Number one on my birthday was Louis Armstrong with Wonderful World. It's a beautiful song so I'm quite pleased :)  
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    All fixed, Chick. There is a motor that drives the fan behind the casing on my built-in fan oven. Took longer to get the part than fit it! Needed an extra pair of hands to lift the oven out.
    And I prefer your birth song! 
    Hope your legs are sore tomorrow otherwise you didn't work hard enough!

If you find a good abs challenge let me know, Wabo!
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening

Chick we must be a similar age my No 1 is The Rolling Stones and Jumping Jack Flash. Pleased with that

Wabo. Missed your ankle woes. Hope physio  can help 

Did my last night shift last night till 28th.   Work this week then off  for 2 weeks. I won't want to go back lol 

What 3¼ miles
    Why routine not run since Sunday 

Last Hard. Getting out door 
    Lyrics. No knew yesterday's  though