Friday 10th June 2022 Don't you ever, don't you ever

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Don't you ever, don't you ever
Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome

Not number one when Chamolk was born, but close!

Ankle report, Wabo?

What: a run

Why: very much running to feel rather than to a plan at present.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Enjoy going off plan for a while Ale.

Are you off again at the weekend Els?  11 sounds like a good distance.

Just listened to Tiger Feet Dustin.  I might have heard it a few times. (not really into the 70s..)

Can't see when you posted yesterday Chicksta but I guess it was late.  Good distance from you too.

What: cycle this afternoon
    Why: running rest day after 3 in a row
    Last hard: tempo intervals 14 & 12 mins (4 mins recov).  Got it done this time (4:24/km avg) so good confidence booster
    Last rest: 10.06.22

Lyrics: no

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    I do sometimes have Tiger Feet by the way, forgot about these:

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Hope that you don't mind me copying your post, Wabo: not good news...and I don't mean posting on last Friday's thread! Take care!

Wabo wrote: 

Morning all
    Went to physio and he said I've managed to do the ligaments on the inside and outside of my ankle. Unusual he said because you normally go down a hole and turn it over doing the outside, all he can imagine is somehow I then tried to correct it and turned the inside as well. Got bruising there but also it hurts. He says no running for 6 weeks maybe, we'll see. Lots of stretching to do to try reduce scar tissue 
    Chamolk good about weather, here is nice too. Lovely running! 
    Lyrics oh yes indeed
    Hazel enjoy the speedwork!
    Dustin well done on the early run, have a great weekend
    Chick great running, I loved the grumpy pics too, loved that he stuck his hand over Kate's mouth, it's what kids do royal or not good for him! 
    On a very good note, even without running 5+ lbs of the 10, yes 10, I gained in holiday are gone
    Off for a coffee with running mate this morning, she's gutted about my ankle. All kinds of races cancelled
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - strong session yesterday, sounds like the type of P&D adjusted set we do in week 2 of mara training. I like the orange Hoka too!
    Ale - hope you get a run done, seems pleasant enough out there

what - sorting some stuff out for Sunday's race (admin) but hopefully an easy hour too
    why - it's what we do...
    last rest - 02/04
    last hard - Monday's track
    lyric - ah yes 

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Excellent running, Hazel! Wow, that's some pace. Well done. Love the shoes as well. 

Oh no, wabo. Not good. But at least you know what it is and just have to get through it somehow. 

Is that the club marathon, Dustin? 

Lyrics: Yes. And yesterday's were Tik Tok by Ke$ha. I was still looking for party related tunes ;)

9 miles of hills today. That's 3 toughish sessions in a row. Deffo taking it easy tomorrow.

Have a great weekend, all.
  • Oh dear Wabo, that is bad news, are you sure there's no bony injury as well?
    Love your tiger feet Hazel, whenever I buy Hokas they're always some stupid pale pastel which get mud coloured so fast!
    Ale, running to feel is all I ever manage!
    Supposed to be going out with a friend at 5 which will be nice, stressful work morning/early afternoon!
    Going nowhere this weekend Hazel, next weekend travel down for my procedure, seems to coincide with reduced train service and strike threats, to add to that accommodation in Edinburgh is OTT prices that weekend for the night before admission due to Highland Show being on so will have to stay overnight in Inverness and do second part of trip sunday morning, when there are even less trains!
    What's Sundays race Dustin?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Afternoon!

Yes, Wabo, a total pain! Hope that you can manage lots of cross training. 

Training well, Chick...and I'm sure you are right when you say you need an easy day!

Els: if I am correct, Dustin is both involved in the organisation of his club's trail marathon as well as running in it. Sounds right up your street!

Interesting 14/12 session, Hazel! I used to do 11/9 off 2 minutes, although I can't remember why!

What: 8.45k

Why: had to force myself (sore hips, then when they eased around half way it was the turn of the hamstrings to complain). That will have to do as this week's long run. 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh gawd how did I post on last Friday's!!! 
    Els I trust my physio he's so experienced and never lets me down he just didn't think I had any bone damage
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can