Saturday 11th June 2022 Alright, that's right, that's right, that's right

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Alright, that's right, that's right, that's right

Yesterday's were Prince Charming, Adam and The Ants

What: about half an hour shortly

Why: pressed for time as helping at County Schools Athletic Championships all day. Forecast to be sunny but strong winds.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Well done on helping Ale!
    Was thinking I could help with orkney backyard ultra in 2 weeks time but will have a temporary driving ban so can't get there!
    Nice 5m trail run with friend after work yesterday, even if I wasn't in a good mood at the start!
    Going for 9m with friends this morning but the wind is getting up to 40mph, haven't had that for a while!
    Happy Saturday all!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hoka colours are indeed silly,  Els. But their shoes are soooo comfy. Good you got that run in even if you weren't in the mood. Those runs make you feel smug 😊

Ale: have fun helping. Hot and strong winds here too. I slept in which was so needed after 2 stressful long work days so it was already 24 degrees after I had eaten breakfast. Wasn't keen on running but I needed to return a parcel so I ran to the parcel shop and back. I'm always slow with a backpack on and the heat/wind didn't help but I need to practise a bit of warm weather training. Pretty sure it's going to be super hot for my August ultra.

6.5 rather slow miles but my legs felt better after the run than they did before.

I have a tune in mind for those lyrics but I'm not sure it's the right one.
  • Chick, they are indeed very comfy, I want some tiger feet coloured ones now!
    Not so warm here today, winds building but had a fine 9m with friends followed by cuppa at the burger van! Will avoid going out this afternoon I think! Or not far anyhow!
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening..

The shoes are the Supersonic model. I think the men's (size 8), I sent the lady back into the storeroom with the pale pink ones. Only thing you can do with those is head for a decent muddy puddle.

Not tempted by the burgers Els?  Boo to the wind.

Well done on helping Ale, hope you also got to see some interesting events.

Hot + wind = nasty Chicksta. +1 to doing heat training.

Not good news Wabo. ☹️. 

Good luck tomorrow Dustin!

Tempo intervals were from P&L, I forgot that my average of 4:24 was only for the fast bits, not the whole run. 😳

Have a nice Sunday all.

What: 19k along 2 rivers
    Why: looking for shade and wanted an easy run i.e. sans hills
    Last hard: seeing the 100k signs (started last night, some are likely still out there)
    Last rest: 10.06.22

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Hazel, you do know the lyrics...and sure Chick does as well!

No sun or wind here: spent the whole of my time indoors getting the first three in each event to fill in forms, present medals (very informally when they returned their form) and posting results on the club house window!
    Actually saw the last two laps of a 1500 metre race when I went to the loo!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - thanks for helping at the counties and always better to get the run in pre comp!
    Hazel - thats a decent mlr
    Els - sounds like a good run today
    Chick - that's always the way (legs feeling better for running)
    Els, Chick, as Ale said yesterday, Sunday is our club's trail half/full marathon. 
    I've been doing the finish/goody bags every year, plus I'll be running the race (slowly).

The day before is usually harder than the race: access to finish field, then assemble beer tent, finish marquee plus registration and race HQ tents. Then set up start/finish area. Finish off with packing all the goody bags. Numbers down this year - we usually get about 1,000, only 600 or so this year. From talking to many other race organisers, that's pretty standard. So no run today but plenty of lifting and carrying and walking.

Few hours sleep, then back over early tomorrow. 
    Nice view from the finish, Watership Down just off to the left.