Sunday 12th June 2022 Is it a kind of a dream, Floating out on the tide

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning! 

Lyrics: Is it a kind of a dream
Floating out on the tide
Following the river of death downstream
Oh, is it a dream?

Lyrics inspired by Dustin! Hope today goes well in all respects!

What: easy run plus fitness suite

Why: Sunday

Yesterday's lyrics were Mud with Tiger Feet.

Could do with some sleep...
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Lyrics yes!
    Dustin...great work, sounds a lovely route hope it all goes well!
    Something short this afternoon maybe!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Chuckling re. lyrics yesterday 🤣 I was totally barking up the wrong tree.

Race org does sound like hard work, Dustin. Shame numbers are down. You would think people are keen on racing now that the pandemic is over ... enjoy your run

Good training, Hazel. What's next for you?

I figured I could do with some trail miles so I drove to the nearest woods (by my old school). GPS wonky so I simply ran 90 mins on feel. Covered 8.5 to 9 miles I reckon and there was a lot of up and down. Very enjoyable with nobody around, apart from a young deer 🦌
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Chick it's funny when you read the  lyrics  you think it's  something  different.  I've done that

Dustin hope all went/is going well today

What 7 miles albeit run walk
    Why going long
    Last hard that mid day sun all Noel Coward
    Lyrics no 
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening.. 

Shows how much attention I paid when listening to Tiger Feet the other day.. 

Looking forward to hearing from Dustin, hope your run was good. Same here with participation numbers.

Nice trail running chicksta. No concrete plans yet other than no autumn mara. Maybe a half likely a couple of 10ks?

Hope you got out for a run Els.

Early night Ale? Shame you didn't get to see more at the athletics.

7 miles run walk sounds good Pammie. 

What: 13k hike with 900m +/-. Lots of steps/steep up so good strength training.
    Why: Sunday outing with OH
    Last hard: hot and sunny and will get worse next week
    Last rest: 12.06.22

Lyrics: no
  • Just got a little one in Hazel, legs feeling a bit rubbish today! And the 40mph winds arrived today rather than yesterday so it was hard work into it.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya 
    long old day almost complete...
    On course at 7am to sort a few last minute issues. Then ran 26.2 miles on a bright warm and clear day over the Hampshire hills. Something just inside 4.15 overall which tbh I'm more than happy with. 
    Then onto finish line clearing up and other race admin stuff. All in all, about 11 hours at race HQ today. Work tomorrow for a rest!
    Been speaking to quite a few race directors and reading various articles, numbers down in general 20-25% 
    Pity really. 
    lyric - yes! Saw quite a few today....
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Evening! 

Well done, Dustin! Hard enough organising, never mind running it as well. Grey and breezy here, with rain first thing.

Today's run took me over 40k for the week. Still niggly! Longer run with M77 tomorrow, I hope.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.