Tuesday 14th June - You got a beautiful chin, You got beautiful skin,

DustinDustin ✭✭✭
Morning all

Lyric - You got a beautiful chin, You got beautiful skin

Els - cake, yes, and beer, and a Mex wrap stand...
Pammie - oh new wheels, how did they feel?
Chamolk - good stuff. Hills pay the bills and all that

What -  400/300/200/100 progressive with steady same distance recovery x 3 followed by beers left over from Sunday !
why - 
club night , I will be taking it easier
last rest - 11/06
last hard - Sunday

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning.

Hmm I would maybe skip the workout and head straight for the beers Dustin? 

You are welcome to some of our heat the next few days Ale (30+ and humid at the weekend)

We will all be crossing our fingers that it goes well Els. 

Good pace on the 5miles chicksta.

Shame the cinema didnt happen Wabo. 

Good to see you drop back in after a busy week chamolk.

New shoes are always good pammie - what did you get?  

What: group run
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 12.06.22

Lyrics: vaguely familiar
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: indeed! Nearly used them!

Yesterday's were Run, rabbit, run by Flanagan and Allen. 

Dustin: what Hazel said! Sounds like a recipe for disasster, and I don't mean the beer!

30 sounds too hot, Hazel. We might make 19 today. Enjoy the group run. 

Good to see you, Chamolk! Busy! 

Hope OH is ok. Any news re appointments?

What: short run and long stretch is the plan

Why: Tuesday
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics oh yes.....
    ale enjoy the short run and have a good long stretch!!
    hazel enjoy the group run! Yes it was a shame, I was looking forward to that last night
    dustin sounds like a good night planned!

What: yes I have a what, swim with oh later
    why: need to do something
    last hard: eden park run
    last rest: ever since
    Amazingly I am not putting on weight I am in a very good zone food and drink wise!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Dustin: What Hazel said - skip the workout, enjoy the beer ;) 

Wabo: Good idea to go for a swim. Maybe you can also give aquajogging a go? 

Hope you liked your new shoes, Pammie. 

Hazel: We're also headed for 30 by the weekend. 33 on Saturday apparently. I am going to do my runs before then with just easy stuff at the weekend, if anything. I may just go to the lake instead for a paddle. 

What: 9 miles with 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 mins fast(ish)
    Why: part of my plan
    Last hard: motivating myself - today should have been an easy day but what with the heat wave at the weekend I'm frontloading the week. It was completely fine once I got going.
    Last rest: 5.6.
    Lyrics: no
  • I think we might get up to 14 C at the weekend!
    It feels warmer today though as the wind has gone, just in from a 10 miler. Only one more work day because have to have PCR then lie low(well apart from travel!).
    Wabo, I only ever loose weight when not running, but it's not worth the misery.
    Ale, Peter gets his spinal injection Fri in Aberdeen, bad timing as I won't be home to look after him at the weekend. Feel very bad about it. May or may not help but likely to increase pain in short term.
    Dustin, I like the sound of this race, cake and mexican wrap! You can keep the beer though!
    Hazel, thanks!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Crossing my fingers for both of you, Els 🤞

I had no problems after my spinal injections. I simply walked out and took the bus home after the first. I got reprimanded by my surgeon afterwards  :D  I lost feeling in my leg slightly after the 2nd one but that only lasted for an hour or so. And it wasn't bad - a bit like when you sleep in a weird position and wake up with pins and needles. So I hope it's unproblematic for Peter as well.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Hope all goes well for OHEls. Not good timing though! 

Enjoy the swim, Wabo!

That sounds warm, Chick

What: just over 25 minutes easy d&d

Why: enough on a Tuesday before my long stretch this evening. Plus cross training in the garden. Some done; some to be done. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.