Wednesday 15th June 2022  I've been sitting here all day thinking

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: I've been sitting here all day thinking
Same old thing ten years away thinking
Now my days are gone, memories linger on
Thoughts of when I was a boy

News: became a grandfather to a baby boy very early this morning, two weeks later than planned!

Today's lyrics are not rabbit related!

What: easy run

Why: not sure that I do hard any more!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Great news Ale!  is that your first grandchild (sorry, can't remember).  Hope you get to see him soon.

How was the swim Wabo?  Well done on the stable weight.

I'm also trying to frontload this week due to the heat chicksta.  I will also be away Thursday/Friday (cycle rather than run).

All the best for Peter for the injection Els.

What: Hmm.  Was hoping to do some sort of speed today.  Would have been better to get it done this morning in the relative cool but decided it was too soon after yesterday evening's run (longer than planned) Will see how it is this evening
    Why: juggling things around
    Last rest: 12.06.22

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Ale - delightful news! Huge Congratulations. Have they named him "Ale" after you :D 
    Hazel - hope the juggling pays off...
    Chick - good set yesterday, temps forecast the same here this weekend.
    Els - Hope OH's injection goes well on Friday

What - easy run
    Why - ongoing recovery
    last rest - 11/6
    last hard - yesterday I guess. 400m/300m/200m/100m with same distance recovery x3
    Threw a few slightly faster bits in but generally no more than a 6/10 effort wise. 
    Finished off with beer and mostly lemonade (driving) afterwards, but did take a few litres home to accompany dinner and see me through the rest of the week. 
    lyric - no today
    Yesterday was "rabbit" by the legendary (?) Chas and Dave...

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    ah alehouse how lovely!!! Congrats and of course I know the lyrics - enjoy your easy run
    hazel swim was lovely but I did get a waterlogged ear and my left elbow hurts today!!  (ankle did a bit too).  My swim style is absent, I am self taught so If I attempt front crawl head in water, I just get water up the nose - i forgot my nose clip! So it was a little under half a mile of breast stroke.  We will keep going now though as it was a nice thing to do as a couple
    Hope all goes well with Peter

Nothing today, off to see les mis tonight, better take tissues
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    CHick funny enough, I did jog a bit, not too much and it was fun.  Good running yesterday.
    Els it sounds a lot going on for you and OH
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Hazel: first grandchild!

Dustin: not called after me! Salvador James.

About to meet up with some ex uni runners; later I may be meeting some current uni runners!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    wow what a superstar name!!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Congrats, Alehouse! Are you planning a visit? That's a super cool name.

Wabo: Swimming is such good cross training. Especially in the summer when you can swim in a lake or the sea. I'm not too keen on the pool bc I usually react to the chlorine. 

Sensible you held off, Dustin.

Hazel: Hope you get some workout in. I find it super tough if I don't do it first thing. 

What: 10k with 2-4-6-4-2 mins of hill intervals. Did it on the TM because I have no hill anywhere near that lasts 6 mins!
    Last hard: that was
    Lyrics: I don't think so 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chick I think my oh did last night, it was just like hay fever, sneeze sneeze!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Six minute hill!!! wow, I would struggle unless I went to the forest
  • Congratulations grandpa, formerly known as Alehouse! When will you get to see him?
    All change to plans here Peter covid pos this morning, going to be started on antivirals due to his immunosuppression.
    My procedure deferred, they would go ahead but don't want to leave him alone if going to worsen, also chances of me testing pos in next few days high. 
    Just in from busy fracture clinic but hope to get out for short run once I've picked up Ps pills, waiting for pharmacy to dispense them!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh no els thats not good.  take care x

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that Els and OH! Hope you don't get it Els and get well quickly Peter.

Hello, Bella! Not seen you before! This is the daily thread where someone sets some lyrics to guess. People then say if they know them or not, but not what they are. Answer revealed the next day. 
    We also say what our training is and why, and sometimes last hard and last rest. You are most welcome to join us!
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening 

Hello Bella

Hazel shoes are Brook Glycerin  
    Dustin I love them, like  slippers

Ale Congratulations 

What 3¾miles easy this evening 
    Why consistenclast
    Last hard Sunday
    Lyrics not today