Thur 16th June - don't change your name

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
Lyrics - don't change your name, keep it the same, for fear I may lose you again

Didn't get yesterday's until I thought of your news Ale, then it clicked. Congratulations to you and your family, and an impressive name.

Sorry to hear about the covid OH, hope you get over it quickly, and that you don't get it Els 

I don't know how you do things like that on the treadmill Chick, I find it too boring to tolerate

I'd call them legendary Dustin

Hope you got something done Hazel and it wasn't too hot

New shoes are always good Pammie, though I've never tried Brooks

Did 6 miles on Tuesday, bit of a reintroduction to cutdowns
Went out yesterday to do 4 easy miles but got my timings wrong and ended up doing another progressive run to get back in time to take the boys to swimming 

Rest day planned today

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Pammie new shoes sound perfect, nice running! 
    Chamolk well done remembering the swimming though!!
    What physio
    Why ankle
    Last hard swim on Tuesday
    Last rest yesterday
    Great night at theatre last night, with my daughter and of my bestest mates

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Grandad, Clive Dunn

What: a run some time this morning

Why: squeeze in between appointments

You seem to be training well, Chamolk! Although chasing your tail as always!

Glad the theatre was a good distraction from no running, Wabo! Hope that the ankle is easing. 

Trust that OH and Els are ok!

Hoping to get to see the new born today, possibly!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    I forgot to say Wabo - if your ankle is still very sore it might be worth considering an x-ray (sorry if I missed this at some point) - you can get little avulsion fractures quite easily from sprains.

Ale - yeah, the training is going fairly well at the minute. My general life organisation could do with improving. It always seems that no matter how many things I do, the list of things still needing done gets longer 

I'm not sure how many people will know the song for the lyrics today, but it's continuing yesterday's theme
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: 6k with some faster sections

Why: running to feel, and no time to do any more between appointment for annual blood pressure check (slightly low) and opticians, where I am heading now!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - cool name! Hope you get to see him today
    Chick - effective use of a treadmill!
    Els /OH - aaaarrrggghhhh re covid
    Pammie - good choice of slipper!
    chamolk - I can sympathise, many a run I've gone quicker to get home "in time"
    In time for what , I don't know...
    Wabo - sounds a fun night

what - another easy day 
    why - Work in London, so fitting something in
    last rest - 11/06
    last hard - Sunday
    lyric - hmm, no, but pondering...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chamolk, I do keep wondering about an xray.  It isn't improving as much as I would like to be fair. See what physio says tonight
    Dustin enjoy the easy, was a great night

• Lyrics, nope though i did get yesterday's!
    Wabo, I secretly agree with Chamolk .
    Ale, quite a name, glad you get to see him soon!
    Peter finally got his antivirals this morning and doesn't seem too bad but I guess cabin fever will soon set in.
    Most likely I'll get my procedure early Aug now.
    7.5 mile run just now, warm morning for here! No wind (makes a pleasant change).
    An afternoon of hospital subcommittee on teams, can't wait!! Ha ha!

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Oh no, Els and OH - I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope you don't get it and that P recovers quickly. 

Wabo: listen to the doc (chamolk) - I think it makes sense to have it xrayed - if only for peace of mind. Glad you had fun last night.

Hope you get to see your grandsprog, Ale

Chamolk: I can tolerate a few treadmill sessions every now and again and I simply had to do it to be able to do my workout properly. I usually stick on some catchy tunes but I never to a long warm-up or cool-down. That would just be too boring. Wouldn't survive more than an hour on the 'mill. 

You've earned a few easy days, Dustin.

I did 12.5 today. So I have my 4 key runs out of the way - steady 5 on Monday, fast-ish stuff on Tuesday, hills yesterday, long-ish run today. Deffo going to do something easy tomorrow and whatever I fancy at the weekend. It's going to be scorchio. And tomorrow is our office-away-day which may well lead to a hangover on Saturday :D 
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening..

Wabo, +1 to seeing a doc / xray. A guy who used to post on a different thread has been out of running for months. He also thought twisted but had a fracture and made things much worse.

Sorry to hear your news Els. Hope you stay lurgy free and Peter is ok.

Used to run quite a bit in Brooks pammie (Launch), but wasn't happy with the latest model. 

Like the name too Ale, hope you get to see him today and all is well.

London must be warm for working at the moment Dustin. Legs ok from Sunday?

Have a good day tomorrow Chicksta, well done on getting the training in.

Speedwork didn't happen yesterday as too hot and felt crap. Very slow jog around in the woods instead.

What: just under 50k mtb in the Jura region
    Why: bank holiday escape
    Last hard: already hot here, breeze helped in places
    Last rest: 16.06.22

Lyrics: no
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Hazel in front of a Hazel and the river Doubs. (France on the other side). Didn't go down there would have been a 500m+ climb back up..
  • Looks lovely there hazel!

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening 

Hazel that looks stunning  

Chamolk thanks I'm usually a Saucony girl. Do have one pair of them used Brooks before 

Waited till this evening  to run though I walked about  8 miles earlier

What 3.1 miles 
    Why consistency 
    Last hard still warm 25°
    Lyrics nope 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Well the physio was happy with how it's healing. Much more movement and strength. He also said there's not much evidence of scar tissue. Also with ligament damage both sides surely you all don't think I should be able to run now? It's only been 2.5 weeks. 
    He properly pressed into the ligaments and although it wasn't comfy at first it got easier. 
    He is convinced nothing is broken. I trust this guy he's been a physio at spurs. He's the one I always see and he always sorts me out. 
    Don't want to disrespect the doc. It all makes me feel worried upset and confused tbh. I even run in the pool and it was good. What I'm asking I guess is do you think I might have a fracture because I'm not running yet or because it's still sore? 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lovely pic hazel