Saturday 18th June 2022 Every day she takes a morning bath she wets her hair

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Every day she takes a morning bath she wets her hair

What: about 40 minutes, probably

Why: good question

Grey and forecast to be 13 degrees cooler than yesterday!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: my nearest parkrun

Why: end of my road. 
    2k warm up, then standing on the line for about ten minutes whilst announcements made.
    Starts uphill and that was a struggle. First k 5:22. Gradually get going. Hill was marginally better second time round. Once at 3k I know it is flat to the finish.
    Splits: 5:00/4:58/4:50/4:34 to give about 24:45.
    Course is probably worth a minute compared to some of the flat, faster courses nearby.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Didn't get around to posting yesterday. Busy at work until abou 2pm when colleagues dragged me away from my screen an on to the venue for our office summer party. It was on an old freighter (museum ship) in the harbour. Nice food and various activities like escape room stuff, rum tasting, climbing up the mast or a ship's tour were on offer. Dinner was a massive BBQ with lovely salads, baked potatoes and other accoutrements. The weather was perfect - overcast, no wind, 25 degrees. I stayed until people went below deck for dancing. What with Covid I'm still not comfortable in enclosed spaces with no mask. I decided to come by car and rather enjoyed watching the action unfold :D It can be very entertaining to be sober among the inebriated 🤣 Drove a few workmates home safely. 

Decent parkrun, Ale. And I absolutely adore that pic with Salvador.

Hazel: You live in a beautiful area. Great pics.

I did 6 miles yesterday with 4 steady and 5 very gentle today. It was already hot and I didn't get much sleep.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Afternoon.

Got my few hours sleep after work yesterday, but felt a bit rotten - bit of a dodgy tummy/cramps so didn't run. Had about 11 hours sleep then went to parkrun this morning. Local one not on today to went to a different one that's a bit hillier. Still felt fairly rough actually so it didn't quite to to plan. Got 22:30 but my HR was close to max and was very high even in the cool down. Hopefully feel better for a long run tomorrow

Nice party chick, bet your head was clearer than some this morning, even if you were tired.

Nice parkrun Ale, but how did you post just before 10am? Do yours start at 9am? All the NI ones start at 09:30

Yesterday's lyrics were YMCA by Village People. The boys had a 70s day at school last week (school opened in 1972) and they came home singing this after their disco
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon 

What parkrun 
    Why not done one since May 2014
    Last hard that
    Lyrics  familiar

Decided  to get back parkrunning been a while also localish one 2 miles away so walk there and back very warm even at 9am 
    All on grass not my fav but happy 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Well done, Pammie! Great that you took the plunge!

Chick: sounds like you have good people to work for and with.

Chamolk, nearest parkrun is 3 minutes run from my house! Starts at 9; home by 9:45! Must check my HR stats! I would keep a good eye on yours, which I am sure that you know! 

Checked my previous results on today's course: was two minutes down on three years ado, so lots to do!
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening

Well done to the parkrunners Ale, Pammie and chamolk

Jealous of your 11 hours sleep chamolk. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Sounds like it was a nice event Chicksta. Can you escape up to the coast for some heat relief?

What: for me early MLR HM with 5 m @ my old mara PB pace.
    Why: salvage something for the week runningwise
    Last hard: heatwave
    Last rest: 17.06.22

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    hiya
    nice park running Pammie, Ale, chamolk
    Chick - party sounds fun
    Hazel - quality run, well done.

what - 45 minutes steady around Eton / Thames path
    why - timekeeping at junior league and had an hour to kill before hand (arrived early to avoid M3 roadworks and Ascot traffic)
    last rest - 11/06
    last hard - last Sunday
    lyric - not so sure