Sunday 19th June 2022 It doesn't hurt me

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: It doesn’t hurt me
Do you want to feel how it feels?

What: easy run

Why: ran harder yesterday

Yesterday's were Another Day, Paul McCartney, who was 80 yesterday.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Morning

Less than 6 hours sleep last night so feeling a bit groggy and still not 100%
    Junior parkrun at half 9, one of the boys is hoping for a pb so I'll run with him. I'll see how I feel after that to decide what I'm going to do today.

Well done on going to parkrun Pammie, I think they're great

Enjoy the easy run ale

Lyrics no
  • Nothing here, feeling rubbish with Covid like symptoms but LFT normal.
    Glad I'm not mid travels to Edinburgh.
    Lyrics nope.
    Do a run for me folks. 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that, Els. It usually takes a few days with symptoms before the tests show anything. At least that's how it is for most people around me.

Well done restarting parkrun, Pammie. Which one is your local?

Hope juniors was good, Chamolk. 6 hours is plenty of sleep for me 😉

Good quality, Hazel. The mega heat never materialised. We maxed out at 30 yesterday. Back to low 20s today with a cooling northerly breeze.

Yes to lyrics. I did plenty of that today 😂

A little shy of 10 trail miles in the woods. I really didn't feel the love when I woke up but once I got started I loved it despite being hard. And slow.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon 

Chick thank you it's Thurrock parkrun around 100 runners each week which is pretty  good

Els hope it's nothing and you feel better soon

What 5.68 miles
    Why it's my birthday, so why  not or I'm mad
    Last hard Yesterday 
    Lyrics nope 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday, Pammie! Decent run!

5.65k slowly run. Legs feel battered. 

Good running, Chick. Surprised more people don't know the lyrics: been on the UK national news!

Cool here: 14 degrees.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Get well soon Els.

Happy birthday Pammie. Hope you are having a lovely day. Good run.

Hope your boy got his PB chamolk.

Well done on the 10m Chicksta.

14 degrees sounds like paradise Ale. LS top and tracksters today? 

6 hours min sleep needed for me, 8 is good. Not long up from a siesta sleep attempt as hard to sleep at night with it so warm

What: 12k wander in the woods
    Why: shade 
    Last hard: heatwave
    Last rest: 19.06.

Lyrics: no
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday Pammie

Hope the tests stay negative Els

30 is still pretty hot Chick, think we were about 15-16 earlier

I can get by on 6 hours sleep, but prefer 7-8, especially when I'm running more

It was a good junior parkrun today. The 5 year old got to start the race and ran well. The 8 year old wasn't in the mood to run so walked with the tailwalker. I ran with the 7 year old and he smashed his PB by 37 seconds, got 11:42 today. Then afterwards I won a t shirt in a draw for Father's Day. 

Then I went off and did just over 10 miles, though my quads were a bit battered (same as yours maybe Ale) after parkrun yesterday - started well then struggled with the headwind after I turned round. Total of about 12 for the day, and 30 for the week
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Hazel: yes to traksters and ls top...and waterproof jacket as it was drizzling.

Well done The Chamolks!

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday 🎂  Pammie
    Thurrock is where the Lakeside shopping mall is, right? I lived in Chelmsford before we moved to Germany in 2010 😊

Well done, chamolk and family.

Hazel: I'd love to get more sleep but I'm usually awake for a couple of hours at night 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Chick yes it is. Didn't know that 
    I work at Lakeside. The parkrun  is a few miles east  of the shopping  centre place called Orsett heath (Close to Chadwell St Mary)
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Happy birthday Pammie, super run today
    chamolk - decent running all round from the family. 
    Chick & Hazel -  sounds like decent runs today
    els - sorry to hear you’re feeling a bit ropey.
    ale - hope the east was just that!

what - hour very easy
    why - ran will a couple of pals locally, taking it easy 
    last rest - 11/6
    last hard - a week ago

recovery week over, May aim for something a little faster next week.
  • Great running and father's day prize Chamolk!
    Good runs rest of you.
    Positive test tonight so that's my work week scuppered. Glad I wasn't travelling south as planned way I feel though!
    Guess a week of zilch!