Monday 20th June 2022 She came from Greece she had a thirst for knowledge

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited June 2022 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: She came from Greece she had a thirst for knowledge
She studied sculpture at Saint Martin's College

Yesterday's were Kate Bush, Running Up That Hill. Currently number one in the UK, over 40 years after its release.

What: a run with M77

Why: Monday. Probably about 45 minutes.

Sunny and 20 degrees forecast.

Hope that you are not too badly affected, Els, and that OH is over the worse. 

Any progress, Wabo?

Today's lyrics were chosen for no other reason than the song was playing when I met Salvador the other day!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that Els, hope it stays mild and Peter is improving

Lyrics yes - saw live in around 2010 and remains my favourite ever gig 

Slept for almost 11 hours last night. Legs fairly stiff today so I expect it'll just be a few easy miles later. Have a busy enough week coming up (mostly through leisure activities rather than work though) so I'll need to try and squeeze in a few runs here and there when I can
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Fingers crossed for a quick and complication free recovery Els and OH.

Hope you had a nice run with M77 Ale.  Nice conditions by the sounds of it.

Well done to your middle lad chamolk.  Good opportunity for a recovery week maybe.

Boo to the broken sleep chicksta.  Sounds familiar.

What: few miles with 6 hill efforts and 6 strides pre work
    Why: still hot so getting it done early
    Last rest: 19.06.22

Lyrics: no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Yes to lyrics 😉
    How come Kate Bush is topping the charts? Just curious

Rest and recover, Els.

Best to avoid the worst of the heat, Hazel.

You've put in some good quality, Chamolk. No harm done taking things a bit easier.

Another 5 min repeats session off 1 min recoveries. Super windy, so I did 4 miles against the wind as my warm-up and used the trail wind on the hard part. Cool down was into the wind again. Pace range 4:58 per to 4:43. Couldn't have run much faster with yesterday's hills in my legs so happy with the outcome. 14.43k or 9 miles in total.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    The week before last was an easy week so I hadn't planned one again so soon but I'll see what happens 

Kate Bush's song was used in Stranger Things, a Netflix series, so got to number one via streaming as far as I'm aware, and a recent change in the rules to how streams are counted towards the charts
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Decent session on tired legs, Chick!

Yes, that's what I understand re Kate Bush, Chamolk!

What: just over 40 minutes

Why: chat and run with M77. Enough running for both of us following our respective parkruns on Saturday. Could have continued the chat though!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    & +2 to what Chamolk & Ale said about Kate Bush
    I know today's lyric too - bumped into the lead singer years ago at Glastonbury. Crushed velvet purple jacket if I recall correctly...(him , not me) 
    Ale - nice outing with the m77
    Chick - quality session on tired legs
    Hazel - who doesn't love a few hills?
    Els / OH - how you feeling today?
    chamolk - 11 hours sleep - I am envious!

what - 4k easy with 6-8 75m strides earlier
    why - hamstring a bit niggly so wanted to see how it reacted to "speed" ahead of vets league tonight
    last rest - 11/06
    last hard - 12/06
    So I think it's a reoccurrence of the issue I had earlier this year - I can run steady/slow miles without any issues, it just grumbles when I turn the pace up. First few weeks of mara training were like this so I'm not too flustered. Just puts paid to me racing 1500 tonight, but may jog round the steeplechase (and I mean jog) if we don't have a b string or v50. Will do a few easy laps and plenty of stretching otherwise. 
    Just pushes back the 5k/10k training. C'est la vie. 

• Lyrics, no.
    Nice re yesterday's lyrics, Ale!
    Dustin, hope the injury is nothing!
    Thanks for good wishes, Peter is feeling much better but test still pos so release from the house is still a while off. I'm better in terms of headache but very lethargic, shivery and coughing. Just want to sleep but then I couldn't when headache was bad!
    Enjoy being out and about!
  • Pretty much back to normal but as Els says, still test positive, so no freedom just yet.
    Had just started to increase running distance with a (slow) run over Wideford Hill (6.3 miles) - the first over 5k in more than 6 months - then Covid hit - 2d before my scheduled spinal injection. 
    Fortunately had a relatively mild course so far but just completed 5 days of Paxlovid (antiviral) so we'll see how the next few days go ...
    Zilch exercise over last week but have been keeping busy doing a bit of programming (a utility program to help cope with multiple monitors). Pool closed this week for maintenance so would not have been any aqua running whatever.
    Hopefully will get my "discharge papers" this week ...

(Know I've been AWOL a while but other than trying to get around parkrun, I was not really running.)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Welcome back, OH! And I do hope that you have the all clear soon!