Tuesday 21st June 2022 Guess who just got back today?

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Guess who just got back today?
Them wild-eyed boys that'd been away

Yesterday's were Common People, Pulp.

Obviously today's lyrics are not about Chamolk's lads!

What: short run, long stretch

Why: Tuesday

Plus cross training in the garden. 

Hope that the legs are not too bad, Dustin!

Let us know if you have been released, OH!

First stop the dentist: another crown fallen out. 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Just beat me to it again Ale

Not sure of today's lyrics, but my boys can be wild-eyed at times. And wild.

Ended up taking a rest day yesterday as felt a bit tired and my quads were surprisingly sore from the weekend. Worked last night so a few hours sleep this morning then hopefully some easy miles later.

Hope everyone is feeling better today than they had been. Good luck with the tooth Ale
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Good speedwork yesterday chicksta.  Sensible to use the tailwind.

Hope the vets league went ok despite the niggle Dustin.

Great to see you pop in yesterday OH.  Hope you can get out soon and get that injection rescheduled.

Uggh to the crown Ale.  Enjoy the run and garden later, hope you are in and out of the dentists without too much of a wait.

I can imagine with the wild boys chamolk - (I have 3 nephews though old enough now that the wild phase is abating a bit).

What: 8.88 miles pre work.  Bit of progression effort and sometimes pacewise (undulating route) without overdoing it
    Why: pretty number unintentional.  Early local run as either hot or thunderstorms this evening so decided to skip the group this week
    Last rest: 19.06.22
    Last hard: getting up earlier to run - is getting easier though.

Lyrics:
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Dentist d&d: managed to see him which was a minor miracle in itself! Squeezed in before the first patient of the day. He's done something temporary so another visit to come. 

Then ran: 30 minutes with 15:30 out and 14:30 back, covering slightly more ground in the shorter time. Takes me a long time to get going these days!

Cross training in both my and my daughter's gardens shortly. Stretch this evening. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    Ale - glad you got the tooth sorted, decent green fingered cross training too
    Hazel - decent run and good use of time
    chamolk - enjoy the easy stuff
    OH - good to see you up and about!

What - club session (timed pyramids)
    Why - schedule
    last rest - 11/06
    last hard - 12/06
    Will be taking it easy today again just to stretch the legs out. 
    Fortunately we had enough last night at the Vets league to fill all the gaps, so dodged the steeplechase. Was going to do a few easy miles between races, but a couple of timekeepers got waylaid en route, so stepped in to assist officiating instead. 
    Good news is my club won the men's event , that's 3 out of 3 this season, so as long as we finish top 4 in the last match, we win the league. First time in over a decade since we last won. 
    Unfortunately I'm away for the last fixture so will miss the (possible) celebrations. 
    Our team of 5 ladies managed a creditable 4th by multi eventing. All good fun. 

lyric - think so

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Congrats on your club achievement, Dustin. I can relate to the hamstring issue. It plagued me throughout my marathon campaign and very nearly cost me a sub 3:40  :D 
    It has improved since then. Fingers crossed. I reckon the varied training for my trail ultra helps. It's the relentless tarmac pouding that seems to set it off. 

Good to see you, OH. That's such bad timing. Hopefully you get the all clear soon and won't have to wait for too long for the spinal injections. Fingers crossed. 

Enjoy your family time, Ale. Is it the same crown all over again or another one? 

If it's hot running first thing is the only option, Hazel

I never watched Stranger Things (I thought it was for kids just like these teenie vampire shows 🤣) so that may explain why I didn't know the Kate Bush connection. 

Chamolk: My quads are joining your quads on the tired front. I did 5 miles very easy and felt a bit better. My plan to frontload the week again was scuppered though. No way could I have done the 8 mile steady run that I intended to. Nevermind, there's always another day and plans are not written in stone. 

What: 5 easy
    Why: tired legs
    Last hard: today's easy felt harder than yesterday's fast session
    Last rest: 5/6
    Lyrics: I think so, yes
  • Was still Covid positive this morning so no release yet.
    Productive morning however fitting linked smoke/heat and CO alarms followed by some cleaning & tidying before C. , B. and Ellie hopefully arrive on the 10th.  

Last run seems a while ago, last swim likewise. Missing out on all the solstice swim shenanigans.

Lyrics no