A 1000 miles in 2022?

Comments

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Is that Heaton Park, alehouse? I ran that one on Christmas Day...didn't think the hill was that bad! Amazing that you ran with Ron.
    Alanis is still going, Hobie? I don't know if she still competes but she's done marathons and triathlons.

No trains running today so no touring. I did contemplate doing one a few miles from me with a run there and back, but then couldn't be arsed. Just did my local (although I did a 2 mile warm-up). Time was still very underwhelming. I have to say I am frustrated by my lack of improvement.

YTD: 698
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    5 miles on Friday and park run today. 

At the test match tomorrow and working late Mon and Tues, so looking at three days with no running. As Graham Taylor, ex England football manager, famously said 'do I not like that'. 

Ytd: 612.8
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes, Heaton Park, Cal. I really struggle with hills these days. Knew Ron for most of fifty years! And frustrated by my lack of improvement as well! 

Gym (or as the uni call it, The Fitness Suite), then a short run.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Hang in there, Donnie! 
    That's amazing, alehouse. I guess it also means you're a little older than I am. :lol:

14 mile slow plod today...trying to stop HR getting too high, which is difficult these days because the bastard wants to go fast. Still, despite going so slowly that I almost tripped a few times, it is my longest run since Manchester Marathon. And also my first 40 mile week in a long while. (Plus, takes me over 700).

YTD: 712
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Cal, I am not a little older than you; much older! In fact a couple of age groups plus older. 
    And well done on the longer run. I seldom run further than 10k these days but really ought to!

Fitness suite plus half an hour run banked. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Donnie... Thanks. Yes, the old niggles seem to be behind me, Thankfully. Now hoping for some 'normal' running. (That'll be the 'new normal', whatever that is!?)    Enjoy the cricket.

Alehouse... You must have some good memories of Ron.

Cal... Another busy week-end for you; a decent parkrun and then 14 miles! Congrats on the 700' !!

Down in the Bournemouth area again. Yesterday's run was supposed to be a 'brisk' one. The 'brisk' bit lasted 3 miles, but I plodded away to make it through to 8 miles. (Last 4 were like treading water!)
    Feeling quite refreshed this morning, so out for a 12 mile run, trying to avoid the worst of the strong winds. 

YTD: 982' . 
  • Been a while since an update here... Had a big 62k week which was kinda fun tbh !

10x 400m intervals, slow 8k recovery, 6x 100m hills, 25th parkrun & topped with a 22k easy... Legs need a rest today.

Next few weeks are going to be a struggle for time but determined to do the important runs... 

Happy Monday have a picture of a worn out dog after his Parkrun

YTD 692.5
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the pic. dangeroushamster....Only the dog 'worn out'?

Managed to get half way through my 7 mile run this morning before getting soaked! So, today we have wind and rain.

YTD: 989' .
  • Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    Nearly 1000 MrM2, fantastic work. 
    Lovely pic of sleepy doggy dangeroushamster.
    Rest day today for me, but a few miles of coast path yesterday in the wind rain.
    778 miles YTD 
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Bless him, DH, what a sweetheart. That's a good week's work.

We've sun here, MrM2...would welcome some rain actually. It did get dark and cloudy during my run but the sun came out a few times, too, making it rather warm.

9 miles today - 3 miles warm up, 2 miles tempo, 1 mile recovery, 2 more miles tempo and 1 mile cool-down/recovery to finish. Tough. Been a while since I did tempo training and it was tough. I can't believe I once ran an entire marathon at that pace.

YTD: 721
  • Thanks for all the good wishes on my pacing place.
    We had a successful Summer Samosa Ultra on Sunday

23/06 - 7.25
    24/06 - 8.25
    25/06 - 7.25
    26/06 - 13.75 - I jogged as part of a relay team & was Co-Race Director
    28/06 - 10.25
    (46.75) 

YTD = 991.76 miles

If I manage another 8.25 miles during this week that will bring up the 1000 - going to wait for MrM2 to get there first as on call awaiting news of newsest grandchild - daughter-in-law is currently in the maternity ward.
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Cal... Well done on the Tempo runs; sounds like serious work!

Harmander...Almost 'holding hands' crossing that line! Hope all is well with daughter in law!

Another 7 miles at 6a.m.. (Wind and sun but no rain today.)
    This afternoon I was at the Littledown Leisure Centre and ran the mile circuit that they have marked out around the fields. Three laps, testing some old trainers before putting them on the road again. So, another 10 miles to add.

YTD: 999' .

(Garmin gave me strange maps for today's runs; this morning it appears that I was running in the sea, and this afternoon I was crossing main roads! Need to find out what is wrong.)
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    MrM2, it's not your watch...I've seen on Strava a lot of people's maps were out. Mine was in the right place (but a little wigglier than usual) so I think I was lucky. I guess one of the satellites was having a bad day, perhaps.
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    5 recovery today...comically slow to try and keep HR down.
    Pre-emptive congrats on the 1000, MrM2. You too, Harmander.

YTD: 726
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Cal... Thanks. I hope you're right about the maps problem. Still not right, today. The run appears to be displaced about 300m to the east of where it should be. Don't know why it should bother me; didn't have maps for years. Just makes me question the rest of the data, but it seems good.

I was feeling ready for a strong run today, despite the mod. winds. Again I had 6min/km pace in mind, over 12-15 miles. (I know...miles, km....) Managed 9:37/mile (5:59/km) over the 14 miles.
    Probably going to have a rest-day tomorrow!

YTD: 1013' .
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done MrM2! Looks like you have 2022 miles in mind!
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Mr MM: well done on the 1000 which is, after all, the point of the thread

Managed to seek in a morning run which other than events and park run is something I never do and don't enjoy. Went to the local park, run round in circles, 5 miles and jogged home.

Tonight was a regular route, 10k, 5 out, round the measured to lamp post and the same 5 home 

.Ytd' 624.0
  • Congratulations MrM2.
    No running for me today - got a new grandson today - 6lb 1oz  (about the same as I wish to slim down by).
    Mum and baby doing fine.
    edited June 2022
    Congratulations Harmander to you and your family, lovely news.
    Great work MrM2, well done on smashing through the 1000...first one of us this year I believe.
    Hateful club handicap race for me last night...but I did manage to finish first...felt a bit bad about it as I got a bit of a head start because I paced one of our slower runners last time so my start position was a bit unrepresentative...never really flat out but a respectable 19min 45sec for the 2.6 mile.
    783 miles YTD
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Congrats, grandad Harmander! (Ditto on the weight, here!)
    Well done Hobie...you won't get such an easy ride next year will you, so make the most of it!
    8 miles today, normal pace.

YTD: 734
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Harmander... Thanks...and Congratulations! (How early can you test for slow-twitch/fast-twitch?)

Alehouse... Correct; one eye on the 2022 in 2022. So I wanted to pass 1011' by end of June. Running continues to be my main feel-good activity now that I'm my wife's carer. But the flip side is I cannot always get out when I want to, and the next 6 months could be quite different.

Donnie... Thanks...Well done on the morning run! Good if you can run on grass in the park.

Hobie... Thanks...Yes. Enjoyed 'smashing through' the first 1000'!  Cheeky win on the Handicap run!

Cal...  We get our 'fragances' on Mondays. (Strava ref. to bin-collections)  

Kept to my plan for a rest-day, today. Looking forward to starting July with an easier run than yesterday's 14' which gave an age-grading of 72.5%.
  • Thank you all for the good wishes.
    Parents called him Veer Singh - Veer means brother - but as we are in the East End of London I guess it is 'bruv' or even 'bro'.
    MrM2,  I think he is slow twitch because when he closes his eyes he looks like a turtle - going to call him Ninja - will find out for sure when he starts to crawl.
    Done the 8.25 miles needed.

YTD = 1000.01 miles
    Harmander, very cool distance to pile through the 1000 mile barrier...nice work my friend.

Couple of little runs last night for me...couple of miles of coast path each way to the pub in the next village to celebrate a friends 70th.
    788 miles YTD
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on more than one front, Harmander

Another thousand mile month banked (six out of six so far) to bring up 652.5 miles YTD. 
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Harmander... Congrats on passing 1000'!

Just 7 miles this evening, to get July off to an easy start. 

YTD: 1020'
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    5. 1to add from a final run in June so reached the half way point at 629.1

Although the thread point is a thousand, I've always had my eye on 1200. I've probably two weeks in Aug with no running so factoring that in I'm just about on target. 

Visiting family in Ipswich, so did that park run today. Its 2.5k there, park run and 2.5k back to base 

Ytd: 635.3.
  • Congrats on the 1000 MrM2 and Harmander and the addition to the family Harmander.

Still no running, off work with my foot still in a moon boot, appointment with the Orthopedic surgeon on Monday morning for X-rays and review. Looks like will be a while before I'm running again. Dubai marathon on 11 December - will see...
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    MrM2...where I am, the bin days are staggered so there's a high probability of me ending up in one or another...
    Good luck with that recovery, Dubai. I guess you can do some pool running though, can you?
    Donnie, I remember when that was one of the few I parkruns in the south so it used to get a lot of tourists. There's a few more now though...I got mine at Ifield Mill Pond.
    Harmander, when I was teaching, one of the boys in nursery was called Veer. I didn't know it meant brother. He was a little bugger, that one.

Royal Tunbridge Wells parkrun today, which was a 20 minute tube ride, 45 minute train, then a mile run, parkrun, then the same in reverse. Now I've done all the runs within the M25, it is becoming more and more time consuming, not to mention expensive. But oh well. Lovely park anyway, if undulating.

YTD: 739
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Dubai...Thanks. Sorry that you'll be out for so long. Hopefully Dec.11th will see you fit again.

Cal... Dedicated parkrunning!

For the 4th time this week I ran a 7' loop. A sort of  controlled experiment with different trainers. Trouble is, I couldn't control the wind strength and direction, and I wasn't sure how my recovery had gone from previous runs!!! So much for my brilliant experiment!

YTD: 1027'.
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Do you not get borde with that triangle, MrM2?