Thursday 14th July - all of my life I've tried so hard

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
Lyrics - all of my life I've tried so hard, doing the best with what I had. Nothing much happened all the same.

Dustin - it's like the sky dripping sweat on you

5th night shift almost done, one more then a whole night off (whilst my wife does her night shift), then back in again Saturday. Haven't decided if today will be rest or easy run yet, I'll decide later

Happy Thursday everyone

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Morning!

Lyrics: vaguely familiar, so no. 

What: easy run plus!

Why: easy run this morning, then probably a little more this evening when helping at the second of the local 5 k races.
    Not sure how much I will do this morning: depends how the hip feels in particular from yesterday's fall.

Bu the way, Emz  seems fine: running better but extremely busy with Lucas, training, and a couple of jobs!

Cooler today so may do some cross training in my daughter's garden. Will check upon Salvador, although yesterday, four weeks old, he seemed fine: 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Cute!  Thanks for sharing Ale.   He looks happy.  Sorry to hear about your fall yesterday hope the hip isn't too bad.  Thanks as well for sharing news on emzap.  Have a nice evening at the 5k.  Decent conditions I hope.

Can imagine you are looking forward to that night off Chamolk, it must be hard if your wife is on shifts as well.  Have a nice run if you do go out.  Apart from the washing it seems you had a nice run yesterday.

Any chance of a pic of where you are on holidays Dustin?  Volcanic wastelands sounds a bit different to a London commute.

What: 12k with 14/12 mins tempo before work
    Why: this week's longer speed
    Last hard: doing that pre breakfast - managed to grunt at OH a couple of times but after a bad night's sleep wasn't up to more.
    Last rest: 13.07.22

Lyrics: no.

Yesterday's were Summer in the City by The Lovin' Spoonful (or covered by Joe Cocker who I listened to? )
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    My ears were burning!

Hi all, sorry I'm so AWOL at the moment, I'm struggling a bit to juggle everything.  I keep meaning to pop in, then it gets to bedtime and I forget.

So I hope it's ok that I'm a sporadic poster at the mo!

Running going ok, currently training for Yorkshire marathon (Which I really need to actually sign up to!).  5km time is slowly coming down and currently targeting 28 min.

Just back from 9 km this morning, it's hot out there already!

Hope everyone is well, and I promise I will try and pop in more regularly...

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Good to see you Emz! Sporadic is fine! Get those kilometres in!
    Temperature fine for running here: back to 16 degrees, perfect for running! Unfortunately my hip and shoulder are too sore for too much so cut my run short. Won't be gardening at my daughter's either!

Sounds like a tough early session, Hazel!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hey Emz, good to see you! I would struggle with 28m, did 28.26 a couple of weeks ago post covid!
    Lyrics, nope. 
    Hazel, tough work!
    Ale, he looks great, very smiley! Hope not too many achey bits after yesterday.
    Been busy with Ellie and co, fracture clinic and a very late run last night. Don't find it easy late on and as I nipped to supermarket to get some more full fat milk for Ellie was a bit worried I was going to fall over on run home! Better one up Wideford on Tuesday.
    Don't know how you find time to run at all Emz! 
    Trying to get out this morning after my banana cake bakes, Ellie off to play with little friends just now.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning 
    wow alehouse he is so cute!!!! Lovely photo, enjoy the cross training
    hazel enjoy getting the run done before work

what short run later with oh
    why: coming back
    last hard: monday
    last rest: yesterday
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    quick hello - busy right now

That sounded ouchy yesterday, Ale! Pic is super cute  <3

Good to see you, Em. Sounds like things are moving forward. 

Nice comeback, Wabo.

Enjoy your Ellie-time,Els and OH

That sounds like a very tough session on empty, Hazel. Respect. 

I managed 7 sloggy miles yesterday (hot and humid) and a bouncy 5 today (cool and windy). 
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Lovely pic Ale, he's looking very happy about something.

I'm not a fan of early, hard runs a lot of the time too Hazel. An easy run before most people are up can be quite nice, but I tend to leave harder sessions until a bit later

Glad the running is going well Emz, hope things ease up a bit for you. I was away from the forum for months and months last year, it'll still be here when you have time to post.

Hope you've had an easier day Els.

Going well Wabo, glad it's coming back

Today's run sounds much more pleasant chick

Recovery day today in the end, went out with the 7 year old for 2 miles