Fri 15th July - I don't care if Monday's blue

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
Lyrics - I don't care if Monday's blue, Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too. Thursday, I don't care about you

Yesterday was Thursday's Child by David Bowie, so I'm on a wee weekday theme

Other than that not really much to report since yesterday evening. Bit hot in work as I get hounded by moths and flies if I open the window, but the sky is getting brighter so they'll hopefully disappear soon

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Yes to the lyrics, and they were going around in my head earlier.

Will you run today, Chamolk

What: short run

Why: still feeling a bit bruised! Also want an easy day in case I parkrun tomorrow. 

Grey and cooler again today with possible showers; tomorrow it is supposed to be 25 and by Tuesday 35! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Hope the flies left you in peace at some point chamolk.  Running the hard early was necessary yesterday as it would have been too hot later and work got in the way in-between.  Means at least I don't have the whole day to worry about whether I can do the planned session or not.

How was the race yesterday Ale?  Enjoy those cooler temps whilst they last. 

Great to see emzap pop in yesterday - please do so every now and then when you can - sporadic doesn't matter!  Good luck with the training for the Yorkshire marathon. 

Any banana cake left Els?  I doubt it if you have family around.  28.26 sounds fine to me for a parkrun.

Early run means a mug of tea and an espresso at least chicksta, sometimes half a banana.  Could likely only do a recovery on empty.

What: recovery 5 miles before work
    Why: heat (will be a bit better the next couple of days though)
    Last hard: a)  believing GPS data - had me running at sub 4:00 / km at points - bit of a wobbly somehow.. (doesn't really matter).  b) returning home - was one of those nice flowy runs- could have stayed out there for longer.

Lyrics: yes!
  • Morning! Lyrics no!
    Sympathise with the flies, got stung by a wasp through my jersey last night, struggle to get it off before it stung again as it had got caught in the fabric.
    Managed 7m yesterday morning then beach with Ellie in afternoon, she loved the sand but quickly got cold, it was a chilly day. Looks nicer today.
    Today is wedding day so grandparents will be in charge, she's still a little uncertain without mum and dad around, strangely we looked after her for hours at hers with no problem but expecting it to be tricky.
    yesterday's new words were star and tickle tickle!
    So far today making soup and scones, might fit a wee run in, might not. don't know how folks with young kids do it! Little bit of banana cake left but not much.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Today's run sounds good, Hazel, Garmin issues apart!

Enjoy your day with Ellie, Els/OH!

What: a gentle 28 minutes

Why: would have been 30 but walked the last bit as I bumped into M77 walking back from his allotment so we had a chat about last night's race, which he ran. 
    The race seemed to go well; a pretty well oiled machine, organisation-wise, although that will change as the race director is stepping down after about 20 years. He is 73 shortly and I can think of around ten officials who are older! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    afternoon all
    els ouch to the wasp!! And I hope it is going well with the little one
    ale glad the race went well, isn't that the problem with a lot of races, small ones anyway. Good luck if you park run
    hazel enjoy the recovery
    Chamolk - pesky flies and moths!! My daughter is having all sorts of problems with false widows at the moment

WHat: ran at 6.30 this morning
    why: oh let me down last night by spending too long talking with his mum and I was hangry and unable to run!!
    Last hard This morning though we both really enjoyed
    last rest: yesterday

Lyla is 6 today so we are popping to a fun fair later followed by a bite to eat and big celebration at my son's tomorrow.

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Can't believe Lyla is 6, Wabo! 
    How many years has Cleo got left at primary?

Re races, for a club 5k race yesterday was big, with about 500 entrants, which is down on a few years ago. I guess it is small compared with some of the big city events etc which seem to be run by young entrepreneurs!

Glad you got out this morning! 

Much cooler here today, 19, and it rained quite hard for about half an hour, not that you can tell.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse, Cleo has 4 days left!!! I guessed it was a club race and they seem to be the ones run by the old guard
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Thought Cleo might be heading off to pastures new, Wabo!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Hiya,
    brief read back but good to see Emz pop in
    els/oh - hope the day went well
    ale - that’s a decent turn out
    Hazel - few pics as requested 😀
    what - few miles round the volcano
    Why - recovery mash up
    last rest - 11/6
    last hard - yesterday