Saturday 16th July 2022 I got some money 'cause I just got paid

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: I got some money 'cause I just got paid
How I wish I had someone to talk to
I'm in an awful way

Line two onwards!

What: parkrun

Why: had promised to take my squash playing friend to one he hasn't been to before. Will probably just run round rather than run it hard.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Morning

I know these lyrics, but can't quite get the song/artist yet.

How did parkrun go Ale?

Nice pics Dustin

Didn't run yesterday - had intended to, but slept later than planned and ran out of time before my wife had to go to work. Still pretty tired so didn't make parkrun this morning, hopefully get out a bit later.

The boys have got some Pokémon cards and I'm trying to work out what on earth they're meant to do with them.

Yesterday's lyrics were Friday I'm In Love by The Cure
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning.. just about here

Hope the parkrun went well Ale. 500 for a 5k sounds good. I would prefer such a race to a city one with thousands though I did cope well with the Berlin mara masses in 2018.

Ups to missing yesterday's run and parkrun chamolk.  No idea on pokewotsit I'm afraid.  Have a nice run if you do get out.

Thanks for the pics Dustin, does look a bit bleak somehow, not too many bushes to nip behind for sure!

Ouch to the wasp Els. Hope your day with Ellie went well.

Nice early run yesterday Wabo. Have a nice family day today.

What: HM pre breakfast though a bit later today with 10k quicker.
    Why: getting some speed endurance work in
    Last hard: strong sun at the end
    Last rest 13.07.22

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Morning again! 

What: parkrun

Why: Mr M70squash hadn't done this one, although I had, with the last one in 2015, running with Ron Hill. Different course now. In 2015 was recovering from injury and ran 27:01. 
    Set off fairly cautiously, taking 13 seconds to cross the line due to the congested, narrow start. First km, 5:19. But then there seemed to be problems... Garmin problems! According to Garmin I reached half way in over 14 minutes...but finished in 25:01, including Kms ranging between 6:11 and 3:19 (I wish). Signal problems I guess as the whole run is through woods and has a few twists and turns. Reasonably pleased and first in age group.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Got the lyrics - just had to absentmindedly hum it to myself for a while first.

Good parkrun Ale

Nice start to the weekend Hazel

Wasps are annoying too Els, had a few stings in the last year or two while running. Horse flies are currently top of my list of irritating insects though, they actually follow me along the road whilst running. Had one hound me for half a mile last week
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    ale - nice park run 
    hazel - as chamolk said, nice way to start the day!
    chamolk - hope u get out!
    what - 5x600 along the sea front 
    why - Saturday “speed”
    last rest - 11/06
    last hard - that was
    went out early ish (7:30) and I can say with certainty that the sea side path is where all the holiday runners go…at least 50 or so out there today. 

Lyric - possibly, trying the chamolk hum method for confirmation 😂
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    I could have sworn I posted yesterday ... Very strange

Dustin: Great pics. I love Lanza. One year I face planted on one if those volcanic tracks 😬

Chamolk: +1 re horseflies. Wasps I'm ok with. If you stay calm and share your food they're not doing anything. Different story when you get them up your clothes (ouch Els) or step on them barefoot ...

Good parkrun, ale. Shame it was so congested.

Nice solo HM, Hazel.

Yes to lyrics.

So yesterday was a hilly 10 followed by a hilly 20 today. Pretty tough going but at least I was smarter today and took water and jelly babies with me. Super windy so I'm glad I ran in the woods.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

A hilly 10 followed by a hilly 20 sounds like serious training, Chick!

Decent session, Dustin! Could never do that at that time in the morning!