Sunday 17th July - I know a girl

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
Lyrics - I know a girl from a lonely street, cold as ice-cream but still as sweet, dry your eyes....

Did 30 mins easy yesterday evening, slight drizzle the whole way which was quite refreshing.

Planning a long run today after a sleep, see you all later again

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Yes to the lyrics!

Yesterday's picked up on Chamolk's theme: Another Saturday Night, originally by Sam Cooke but I had Cat Stevens in mind!

What: about half an hour easy

Why: collect my car from friends' house (bbq at theirs yesterday) and want an easy run after yesterday's parkrun and want it done before it gets too hot.

Hope that it isn't too hot for your long run, Chamolk!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Oh these lyrics, I know I know it.    
    Chamolk I hope that run goes well, I would not fancy a long run today!! 
    Sounds like you've had fun alehouse! 
    What I ran a whole 5k with my mate on the forest
    Why because I suggested it
    Last hard that
    Last rest yesterday
    I'm so happy, to be fair I only started again 12 days ago! It's amazing what we can do
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

I'm sure the lyrics will come to you, Wabo! Good to see you posting a 5k run! 

5k and a bit brought up 41.7k for the week. 

Cooled off then went to the fitness suite for an air conditioned stretch.

Last rest: 19th July 2021.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Yay to running again, wabo 👍🏻

Jealous of your drizzle, Chamolk. Warm and windy here. Hope your long run went well.

Smart to get to an air-conditioned place to cool down, ale.

Just a 40k bike ride today. I thought I would run afterwards but it was too warm and I feel like I have enough miles in those legs for the week. About 88k including intervals, a steady run and 2 hilly ones back to back.
  • Lyrics, no! 
    Chamolk horseflies are clever beasts, they wait until both hands are occupied eg cycling, putting up a tent and then strike. Not usually too bad here, too windy.
    Morning trip to the beach to make sandcastles and throw pebbles in the sea, still chilly and drizzly.
    Sad goodbye this afternoon. 
    5m sluggish run, 8m slightly better yesterday, not great mileage week but never was going to be!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    chick - epic mileage this week, remind me what’s next race wise??
    els - it IS decent mileage so soon after covid. Well done
    ale - nice streaking!
    wabo - forest run sounded fun
    chamolk - hope you got the long run in

what - 10 miler
    why - a long run on holiday!
    last rest - 11/06
    last hard - yesterdays reps
    lyric - yes! Bizarrely I was playing this yesterday (along with much of their other stuff) for the first time in years! Timeless!
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Finally cooled down enough to use my phone. Managed my first half marathon run since September last year, but didn't get out until 16:30 so it was mid 20s. Got my wife to meet me about half way with water and lucozade sport. Fairly pleased to get it done in just under 1:50 but it wasn't pretty - literally -apparently my sweaty, red-faced appearance, and being coated in dead midges didn't appeal to my wife.

Sat out the back with water when I got home until a horse fly found me, then had to go out the front to hide from it.

39.6 miles for the week that I'm just going to round up and call 40

Away out somewhere local for dinner now.

Good running and cycling everyone