Tuesday 19th July 2022 In the day we sweat it out on the streets

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited July 2022 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: In the day we sweat it out on the streets
Of a runaway American dream

We've had these before but somehow felt appropriate!

Yesterday's were The Kinks with Sunny Afternoon, which it was. Up to 37 yesterday, supposed to be higher today...then 20 tomorrow!

What: short run d&d, stretch later

Why: before it is too warm. Already 24. Air con for stretches!

Last rest: 19th July 2021

When does the next streak begin, Wabo? Is the ankle fully better?
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Happy streak birthday Ale..  Don't miss mine somehow other than the fact my mileage looked better on paper (or on the screen these days).  20 tomorrow sounds nice - no break for us in sight (but less hot overall with low thirties)

Nice progressive k reps chicksta - short recoveries too.  Hot but bearable here as long as I do any activities in the mornings.  Flat is ok - outside blinds and thorough airing at night are helping.

Maybe a new streak will just happen again for you Wabo - no pressure.

Didn't watch the maras - I am enjoying the T&F though.  Coverage tends to clash with TdF so negotiations ongoing as to who watches what when.

10 days off + Commonwealth games sounds great chamolk - something to get you through those night shifts.

Cheers for more pics Dustin - how long are you out there for? 

What: 11.5 k with 6 x hill efforts and 6 x strides pre-work
    Why: beating the heat
    Last hard: yesterday's rest day other than a late short walk in the twilight.  Don't like being trapped indoors
    Last rest: 18.07.22

Lyrics: no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Happy 365 day streaking, Ale.

37 is darn hot. So far it's around 32-34 here. Tomorrow could see a new record though 🥵

What's T&F Hazel? We're avid TdF watchers, both of us, so no arguing luckily.

You're getting at of exercise in on hols, Dustin.

Up early for a 9 mile run and a casual 30k on the bike. Now chilling in the garden before the sun gets too relentless.

Lyrics: yes
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    alehouse I don't know if I ever want to streak again.  Not streaking has made me realise how much extra time other people have!! I always had to sort clothes out etc etc, because I work 4 days a week with over an hours driving.  Maybe when I retire...
    chick nice work!!
    Hazel great training too!
    alehouse up and at em the only way right now!

What: tai chi later
    why: need to stretch
    last hard: sunday morning
    last rest: yesterday

Have a good day all and keep cool
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - happy streak birthday 
    hazel - decent session today. We come back on Thursday, but are back here again next year (hopefully).
    chick - decent run earlier 
    wabo - enjoy the tai chi

what - 10x600 hills 
    why - some kind of session..
    last rest - 11/06
    last hard - today
    lyric - perhaps
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Happy streakday Ale, nice early run

Nice early run Hazel

Chick - T&F is track and field as far as I know. Nice early brick session

There seems to be a theme with the early training.

Hope the tai chi was relaxing Wabo

Big run to finish tomorrow Dustin, or easy day to relax before coming home?

Just back in from 50mins/6 miles. Started easy but absentmindedly ended up doing a bit of a progressive. 18 degrees here this evening with a lovely breeze, perfect running conditions

Lyrics - no, despite them apparently being used before 

• Happy birthday Ale
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening! 

Still 30 degrees here Chamolk! Stretching with air con was much more comfortable!

Not my birthday, OH, but perhaps I should adopt it as my official birthday given my real birthday in early January not being the best choice of days!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Ale - don't you have the same birthday as our daughter, 2nd Jan? she hates it!