Thur 21st July - I was watching

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
Lyrics - I was watching, with one eye on the other side. I had fifteen people tellin' me to move, I had moving on my mind.

Took a rest yesterday, too tired after nights and feeling the cumulative fatigue from upping the miles  recently

Going out now, will post again after

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Hope you are having a good run and the rest day has refreshed you chamolk.

I guess it could take some time to get your confidence fully back for that foot Wabo. 

Uggh to the temps yesterday chicksta - seems we have been lucky and have been bypassed by the worst of the heat this time. 

You will miss that volcano Dustin.

What: sweaty recovery pre-work, about 5.5 miles
    Why: very humid after yesterday's rain - no dust for once though which was nice. 
    Last rest: 17.07.22

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Zoom, Fat Larry's Band

What: 68 minutes d&d with M77

Why: we moved our longer run from Monday due to the heat. Today was back to normal, setting off in rain jackets due to the drizzle, but then took them off part the way round. Only 15 degrees although still seemed very humid. Much of the run is off road but currently that is hard and dusty. Rain hasn't made much difference here as yet, Hazel!

Enjoy the Commonwealths, Chamolk! I went to both the Glasgow and Manchester edition and saw lots of different sports, as I did at the London Olympics as well. If you are staying on a Saturday there are a few parkruns so don't forget your barcode!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Did an hour. Felt fairly good after the rest day so did 5 miles in the middle as a progressive tempo run, then felt fairly wrecked by the end. 7.6 miles done.

Safe travels home today Dustin

Travelling over next Thursday Ale. Staying in Coventry, not sure how easy it will be to get there without a car with us.

Yuk to the humidity Hazel, it can be worse than the heat. 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Joining you on a humid day, Hazel. 5 and a bit miles. Covered in sweat and flies by the end 😂
    Only 27 degrees today but the humidity makes it almost harder to bear than yesterday's near 40

Impressive run, Chamolk.

Sounds like a good run in company, Ale.

No to lyrics.

Last day off today, back to work tomorrow but it's only one day to get through before the weekend. I think I can cope 😊
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    Chamolk, let me know when you're here as would be good to do a (very slow for you) parkrun together if we can (though if it's the 30th I'm at a wedding, so parkrunning close to home before we have to leave).  

It's been far too hot this week.  
    Had a week home alone with Lucas last week, then ran Tuesday morning on the track (6:30 it was already 25 degrees), then last night 6km with club.  It's tired me out!

Sorry to hear about the wasp sting Els. 
    Ale happy running streak versary.
    till very humid here Chick even though cooler, Was thinking, I did the Brueder Grimm Lauf in 38 degrees, not sure how I did that!
    Dustin looks like you're having a great time!

Have a great day all!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening! 

Just in case, Emz/Chamolk, Cannon Hill parkrun is off for the next three Saturdays due to the Commonwealth games.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Emz - decent running!
    Ale - well done on the longer effort, good move delaying it this week
    chamolk - sounds a good set today
    Hazel - missing it already (only 14 months til we're back...)

What - easy 6
    why - back on home turf
    last rest - 11/06
    last hard - run wise Tuesday, travelling yesterday was a bit of a shambles.
    Took 45 minutes to get off the plane, then had to suffer a crawl along the M25. First world problems I know, but sometimes you just want to get home...
    lyric - not so sure