Sat 23rd July - a time to be born

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
Lyrics - a time to be born, a time to die, a time to plant, a time to reap, a time to kill, a time to heal, a time to laugh, a time to weep. 

Yesterday's were Supergrass with Alright

Miserable morning here, started raining recently. Probably rest today then long run tomorrow

Enjoy parkrun anyone doing it this morning

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: pretty sure!

What: a run of course 

Why: habit

Not raining at present but it is supposed to be on its way and due to stay most of the day. Hope the forecast is wrong! Still plenty of puddles from yesterday and overnight.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Yesterday's fast bits were around tempo effort chamolk, hard to say what that should be at the moment as I'm trying to rebuild speed and haven't raced recently.  I find the tempo intervals hard but easier to get my head around than a classic P&D 4-7 miles which I would likely run slightly slower. Better luck with the weather for your run tomorrow hopefully.

Thoughts of the streak are sure to get you out Ale.

Have a good Saturday all.

What: cycle later?
    Why: depends on when/if it stops raining
    Last hard:sleeping, thunderstorms for a lot of the night
    Last rest: 23.07.2022

lyrics: still thinking about them
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Chamolk is arrow valley, no idea how easy it is to get to from Coventry.

What: 20km
    Why: long run. Parkrun cancelled due to commonwealth torch relay and it came through Bromsgrove at 9. Did 10 km at 6:30, met my friend at 7:30 for another 10km and ended up at the park for the torch relay! Was quite exciting. Plus, my friend has a spare ticket for the athletics so I'll be going to that now, hurray!
    Last hard: parts of that run. It was very hilly!
    Lyrics: I think so.

Dustin are you home now?
    Ale, gloves?!?
    Hazel hope you got out in the dry.

Lucas woke me up at 4:30 so I'm a tad tired now!

Have a great day all
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Wow, Em - great morning 👍🏻
    The heat is why I never signed up for Bruder Grimm Lauf although it's still sort of on my list. Respect for completing it.

Tough session, Hazel. Well done.

Gloves, Ale? C'mon, you're British 😉 I thought most Brits wore shorts even in winter. It seemed like that when we moved there in January 1998. But it was Essex 😂 boys in shorts, girls in crop tops.

Hope you managed to get some sleep, Chamolk.

Didn't post yesterday - work got in the way.

22 miles done today. Slow but my legs felt good throughout.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Chick I'm really tempted to do it next year....just saying 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Nice run Emz
    Hazel - gotta love the LT runs!
    Chick - wow, 22 miles is epic, well done

Looks like I posted Friday's session on Thursday's thread...
    Unlike Ale & chamolk nothing like rain here - had to water the garden as the grass was looking very sorry for itself
    what - track session 3 sets of 5x200 with 30s recovery, 5 mins between each block
    why - return to Saturday Track Day!
    last rest - 11/06
    last hard - that was
    lyric - possibly.