Tuesday 26th July  I don't know where I'm goin'

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning! 

Lyrics: I don't know where I'm goin'
But I sure know where I've been

What: short run, long stretch

Why: Tuesday routine 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Don't think that the niggle is anything sinister Ale - my right leg is a bit weaker than the left (should work on that really) I think it was just protesting at the weekend's workload.  Feels ok today moving around.  Nasty weather (other than heat) can be a good motivation for a quick run!

Almost taper time chicksta.  Don't think I would fancy a dip in that lake at the moment either.

Tuesday legs today Dustin? 

What: group + x
    Why: Tuesday - maybe will find running buddies this week as it will be cooler
    Last rest: 23.07.22

Lyrics: hmm - thought they are familiar but cheated so no
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Morning

Initially thought I knew the lyrics, then realised I was thinking of opposite ones (well we know where we're going, but we don't know where we've been). Not sure about these ones now

Rest day yesterday. Haven't been out yet today, but planning an easy run later, up to an hour maybe

Emz - don't think parkrun this Saturday will work out unfortunately, we're at the Rugby 7s in Coventry at 9am

Saturday's lyrics were I Am The Resurrection, by The Stone Roses
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    I'm with chamolk on the lyric, vaguely familiar or perhaps wires crossed!

Legs a little better but calves still really stiff/sore

What - easy 20 at lunchtime to loosen up, club hill session tonight (will be plodding)
    Why - Still battered
    last rest - yesterday, couldn't contemplate running at all!
    last hard - Sunday

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Not sure that I approve of that session tonight, Dustin...especially the downhill parts. 

Hope that a group run happens, Hazel

When do you arrive in Cov, Chamolk

What: just over 25 minutes easy

Why: Tuesday is an easy day. Stretches later. 

Have also cross trained in my garden and now going to attack daughter's!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

I have the same thought about the lyrics, was sure I knew them, but actually think maybe not!

Eventful Monday here...

Arrived at work to find my boss' boss had put in a meeting with HR...the only things I could think it could be were grievance (I haven't done anything wrong to my knowledge), or redundancy (but noone's been made redundant, no indication they'd be going to, lots of work at the moment etc...anyway, had 8 hours to prepare myself for bad news and let's just say I won't be going to work for the next 2.5 months....

So a bit upset as I really liked my colleagues and access was immediately revoked so couldn't even say bye.

Then, at 6pm I get a contract through for a new job starting October (thankfully I'd been looking).  So once that contract is signed I'll have 2.5 months off before starting the new job.  

Bit of a rollercoaster of a day really!

Anyway, running....

Went to club last night to get out the house and clear my head a bit.  Lots of lunges, squats etc done plus 3 km of intervals.

Then track this morning with some intervals, 7km in total.

Now to plan a lot of commonwealth games and cricket tickets!  May as well make the most of some child free off time!

Have a great day all
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Oh no Em, that's horrible! Good that you have something else lined up come October. Hope you are OK money-wise for the interim period. Not sure how it works in the UK but in Germany they usually have to fork out a bit of severance money and then theres unemployment benefit. 

Another one here confused about those lyrics, Ale. So it's not the Talking Heads I reckon. 

Dustin: Surprised you're thinking about running already. Don't overdo things :) 

Chamolk, Hazel: Hope you had nice runs. 

5 miles easy this morning. Yesterday's 33 degrees were followed by lots of thunderstorms last night so this morning was super muggy. But at least it has cooled down a bit. 
  • That's a bit rough emz but you seem to be taking a positive view.

Walk and aquawalk for me today - pacing myself.
    Met with (Bristol) friend from Cape Wrath Challenge in Kirkwall for coffee this afternoon.

Last but one surgery (ever) tomorrow