Wed 27th July 22 - this song's gonna get stuck inside yo'

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
edited July 2022 in Training
Lyrics - this song's gonna get stuck inside yo', this song's gonna get stuck inside yo', this song's gonna get stuck inside yo' head.

Just back in from an hour at easy pace - went out just before sunrise and it was lovely. So many animals still out and about. About 8 degrees, so perfect for shorts and vest.

Was tired yesterday so just didn't run - it's a easy week after all. Sleep all over the place, been awake since 02:20

Fly to Birmingham tomorrow afternoon Ale, then head over to the hotel in Coventry. Not going to the opening ceremony so we'll just relax around the hotel.

Sorry to hear about the job Emz, hope you can enjoy some time off, and good to hear you've got something else lined up before too long

Enjoy the last day or two OH

I'm sure you know what you're doing Dustin, but +1 to the calls to take the recovery easy

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning! 

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Here I go again, Whitesnake. Both LMH and I have used them before. Wonder how she's doing.

All sounds good, Chamolk!

What: at least an hour

Why: M77's plan 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning.

Hmm I wouldn't be far away from gloves at 8 degrees chamolk..  Sounds like you had a lovely run.  Travel well tomorrow - I hope you aren't affected by any strikes.

Have a nice outing with M77 today Ale.  I saw that LMH is up and running on the sub3hr mara thread on Fetch, I think for London which is this autumn again?

Awful regarding your old job Emzap - such short notice and not even giving you a chance to say bye to your colleagues.. Relieved to hear you already have a new job lined up for October though.  Enjoy those 2.5 months!
    You are training well at the moment - are you going to do the marathon you were thinking about?

Glad to hear your weather has improved temperaturewise chicksta.  We might be wandering up your way in a few weeks (vague ideas of a trip to the North Sea at the moment).

Have a good few last days OH.  Long way for your Bristol friend for a coffee :)

What: cycle, walk?
    Why: running rest day
    Last rest: 27.07.

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Yes, hope today goes well, OH!

Yes, Hazel, last time I heard from LMH she was starting her London campaign, subject to managing the knees. 

What: 66 minutes d&d

Why: M77's plan. Should be 70 next week. Was ok on the flat but struggled with my glute on even the slightest rise. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chamolk - well done on the run, but 8c? Enjoy the break & the CG.
    Emz - that's shocking news re work - but sounds like it all came good in the end with the October start date. Just hope that financially you're sorted although I expect in the current situation there is plenty of temp work around!
    Enjoy the break. Oh solid training too by the sounds of things
    Ale - sounds like a decent run with the M77
    OH - best of luck with the op

What - a few miles
    Why - getting back
    last rest - 25/07
    last hard - Sunday
    I listened to the Forum collective and although I did "train" yesterday, it was more a steady mooch for 40 minutes.
    reps of an 800m field loop, with a climb & descent around the perimeter. 
    Basically did 5 laps at trundle pace plus the w/u & c/d , drills etc...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    nice training alehouse, My left glute has been a bit achy ever since I resumed running!!
    Dustin, nice to see you are listening to  the forum, doing some nice training!
    Hazel, what will it be? I cycled on MOnday with oh, first time in almost 3 years and I was nervous! But I am itching to go again now
    chamolk no to your lyrics so the song cant stick in my head lol! Are you off to see the opening ceremony? Your run sounds lovely
    How good were those lionesses last night????
    Sorry to hear about emzaps job

what: 30 mins run in forest with mate later
    why: planned
    last hard: last nights hooping, kept dropping it because I was watching football!!
    last rest: yesterday

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    OH: I'm assuming that's the last op performed BY you rather than ON you, right? If so, happy retirement :)

Chamolk: Your run sounds perfect. I love early morning runs and temps around 10 degrees. 8 is a bit chilly for shorts and vest in my case. I need double digits. Decided many years ago that 11 degrees is my threshold temp for lighter running gear. 

Wabo: enjoy your run in company. And well done dusting off that bike. 

Hazel: Let me know when you're planning on going oop norf. Maybe we can meet :) 

Ale: Also hoping that LMH is doing OK. I should reach out to her. I'm terrible at keeping up with people. 

Dustin: How are the legs today? 

Just 6 miles easy and a decent s&c session for me. Cold and windy today but wind is supposed to drop tomorrow which will be perfect for a longer run or some speed work. 
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Lol, LMH will be wondering what's going on and why she's suddenly hearing from us all - I've been meaning to email her, so sent one this morning.

It was 8ish degrees, bit cool as I left the house, but just about perfect within a mile or so when I'd warmed up a bit. Might have been about 10 by the time I was done.

Wabo - once you hear what the song is you can listen tomorrow and then hum it all day. It's used in a film by boys like

I'm assuming it was OH's surgery working. Predicting your last surgery you'd ever need is either a bit optimistic or very morbid.

A bit surprised by yesterday's song - I know it, but didn't know those were the opening lyrics. Couldn't get Road to Nowhere out of my head
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Rest day here today.

Luckily they've paid me for 3 months of work as that was my notice period, so actually it's worked out perfectly. I'm just really sad I couldn't say goodbye. 

Just a walk and the cycle to and from nursery. Trying to catch up on life things that have got neglected the past few months but I'm really exhausted. Think I need some rest time 🤣😂

Hazel yes planning on doing Yorkshire. Just need to sign up.

Am now going to 3 commonwealth games fixtures and considering a 4th....

Have a great day all