Thursday, 28 July 2022 - Holdin' me back

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Good Morning all 😊

Lyrics today: Holdin' me back
Gavity's holdin' me back

Random ones, heard the song a few times on the radio and it's catchy 😉

Good they're paying you through the end of your notice period Em 👍🏻

Looks like a perfect morning out there 11 degrees and no wind.

I will report later what the legs decided.

Comments

• chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Morning. Was just dropping in to post some lyrics but you were starting early today chick. Not sure I can think what these ones are.

Yesterday's were Catchy Song - it's used in the Lego Movies (by Dillon Francis) and it is indeed pretty catchy. The movies (part 1 and 2) are actually pretty good - that type of children's film that I can enjoy watching with the boys.

Going to try and get out and get something done shortly, maybe a 5k tempo or something before heading to the airport about 11am.

What sessions are you going to Emz?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: short run then this evening a little more

Why: helping at 5k this evening. A short "proper" run first!

Travel well, Chamolk!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Did 5 miles with 3 mile tempo (20:45) in the middle. Another lovely morning for it
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Just over 25 minutes here; legs tired after yesterday's longer run. More this evening. 
    15 degrees, no wind, overcast. Good running conditions. Inevitably wore too much!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Okay, been very awol! sorry!
    Dustin that trail marathon sounded great, apart from the weather. Does it happen every year? well done!
    Good training everyone else and hope you enjoy your trip to Englandshire Chamolk!
    Emz, that sounds a horrific way to leave a job, hope you're OK and glad you have something else to go to. Still very tough!
    Wabo, good to see you back.

After waving goodbye to Ellie and family a week past Sunday Peter became quite unwell with chest pain, shivering and breathless on Sunday evening. Eventually phoned nhs 111 who advised hospital review so spent til 2am in A and e, major serious things ruled out and so home to have an uncomfortable and sleepless night followed by slow improvement over next couple of days, then Thurs I had gone for a run (bad me) and messaged by Peter that he had felt awful with fever, headache, shivers etc and so ended up with another evening in hospital. covid and influenza ruled out and home on antibiotics. Another sleepless night followed by 24 hours of Peter with severe headache and sleeping constantly. Since then fortunately steady improvement but we have no idea what it was. 
    So with trying to keep on top of work and look after Peter haven't felt much like posting! have only missed one day running though but kept it very local for the most part. Apart from Stromness 10k last Sat when friend was "on standby " just in case.  Similar time to last year ie slow but no slower so overall I was happy. Hilly course and quite windy but had company most of way as M pretty much same pace so we raced each other. I finished seconds ahead. No time for the usual ice cream after as wanted to head back home.
    Maybe just maybe get out west tomorrow as not long til I go off for procedure providing P is OK over next few days.
    Weather has perked up last 24 hours, quite a warm run for here yesterday and I suspect today as well.
    Have a good day all!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lyrics yep....
    Els sorry to hear all that poor you and definitely poor Peter!!
    alehouse  enjoy the double!
    chamolk nice running
    chicksta, dont mind admitting I like the song... have a good run if you run
    what: long forest walk with oh later
    why: we both thought it could be nice while the evenings are still light!
    last hard: last night with mate, we both found it hard
    last rest: tuesday
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya 
    Els, oh sorry to hear about Peter, hopefully he's making a swift return to full fitness asap
    Emz - good news at least about the pay 
    Chamolk - tasty pace for the 3 tempo, should put you close to 20 for a raced 5k!
    Ale - enjoy the 5k event later

what - easy 10k thru the woods
    why - getting back into it
    last rest - 25/07
    last hard- Sunday
    lyric - not so sure 

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    OMG, Els - that sound horrid. I'm glad to hear Peter is on the mend now. How strange though. Maybe some Covid repercussions. I guess the whole corona malarkey is largely uncharted territory. 

Speedy, chamolk.

Dustin: that was a quick recovery after Sunday's extortions

Wabo: Glad we're on the same page regarding today's song :)

Have fun at the 5k event, Ale. 

I managed 10 miles with 7 x 1k fast-ish (around 4:50 per k, the first few a bit slower, the last few a bit quicker). A recurring session in this ultra training plan which I rather like because it's really doable. 
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Sorry for chapter and verse above - I was intending sparing you all that. Pretty much back to status quo now and jogged round and back for aqua walking this afternoon. No word of rescheduled spinal injection yet.
    I think it was all a nasty (non-Covid) infection on the back of Covid itself.

Chick:
    "A surgery" in UK English is a general practice shift (not usually involving any cutting).
    Although US English is creeping in here, a surgical procedure is properly "an operation" in UK rather than "a surgery" (US).
    (Confusing!)

So final shift as a GP completed.

It seems a long while since I was at "full fitness" Dustin, but thanks anyway, Dustin and others.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Late check in..

You have certainly been through it recently OH. All the best and happy retirement from your GP duties!

Hope you arrived in England without too much hassles Chamolk. Nice tempo work pre travel

How was the 5k tonight Ale?

Understand you not posting with all that going on Els. Hope you can get that procedure behind you this time

Long forest walk with your OH sounds great Wabo.

You are recovering fast Dustin.

Another good reps session Chicksta. Will let you know of more concrete plans when we have them. 

What: more tempo intervals 18 + 15 this time before work
    Why: need the speedier stuff
    Last hard:that was but driving 5 hours to Stuttgart wasn't fun either this afternoon.  First few mins on unrestricted German motorways was a bit scary but soon got used to it..
    Last rest: 27.07.22

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Warum Stuttgart, Hazel?

This evening's 5k went well, I think. Just under 500 runners with 188 under 20 minutes. And about half an hour fartlek from me.

Glad today went well, OH. Enjoy the future!