Sunday 31st July 2022  I looked to the sky

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: I looked to the sky
Where an elephant's eye
Was looking at me

Yesterday's were Bernard Cribbins with Hole in the ground.

What: around 30 minutes

Why: take me over 40k for the week. Currently pouring and forecast is not good so may well get wet again.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lyrics yep
    Think you're getting all our  rain alehouse, enjoy your run
    What 4 miles with killer hills, mate and oh
    Why cos oh wants to do this run
    Last hard Friday 
    Last rest yesterday

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Panoramic view of the top of our run we'll be doing
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chick bet you were knackered after that run and before work
    Chamolk, flip that's a nightmare a plane on the runway when it wasn't meant to be!! Have a good time
    Lovely photos els
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Enjoy the run, Wabo!

Stayed dry for my 32 minute plod!

July's figures: 182k, 113 miles. One parkrun. 31 days run. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    We did two laps of the meadow with the steep hill
    Really enjoyed it
    Great stats alehouse, I might park run next Saturday
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Watching para tris it's amazing
  • Great running Wabo, kinda hilly!
    Lyrics no..three days on yhebtrot would be too much.
    Ale, beautiful sunny day here with a nice coastal breeze.
    Lovely west coastal early afternoon run with Anne Marie...at least until the last mile when I was coasting down the final hill thinking she was right behind, stopped and nowhere to be seen. Assumed she was chatting to a biker I could just see but no half a mile back her knee had gone and wouldn't bend. Anyhow hobbled down rest of trail to meet her family for rock pool swim and was persuaded to take a lift home with us instead, Peter had come out to meet us. A shame on an otherwise lovely run. 11.2m covered on trails.
  • Lovely on the Costa del Marwick!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - looks fun!
    Els - nice pics
    Ale - well done on the weekly tally

What - 13 easy trail miles with some of the village group
    why - fun running
    last rest - 25/07
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - hmm, think so
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Just a quick hello - flew back home today with the birthday boy. Back to Birmingham tomorrow evening with my wife for a few more days.

Saw table tennis on Friday but didn't make the cricket as Cillian was too tired. Yesterday was rugby, weight lifting and badminton. All of the sessions have been good - nothing has been full but the audience have been really enjoying it and giving lots of support.

Lyrics - yes, really like this song. Neil from The Young Ones did a version of this too.

No running the last few days, but been in the pool each morning

Hope all is well.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening..

Need to read back, was out and about and travel home from Stuttgart yesterday (was there for work reasons). 

Spotted some nice pics above.. Thanks!

What: progressive 19k + 2k cool down this morning, modest hike this afternoon
    Why: working on speed endurance, escaping from the local brass band.
    Last hard: 2k @ LT & 1k @10k pace at the end of the 19, but a good hard.
    Last rest: 29.07.22

Lyrics: no
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Feet are a good bit off the ground, good thing hips aren't wider or I wouldn't have fitted! Pink t-shirt was a race goodie..

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Chamolk, were you meant to be at the cricket this morning? It was epic! Anyway more on that in a bit!

Eventful weekend, parkrun yesterday, pacer week....I only went and did it! Been chasing sub 28 min since the start of the year and finally it came. 27:46, 30 second post Lucas Pb!

Then on to a wedding. The first for Lucas ex utero. He had the best time! They had a childminder there too, so from dinner onwards we were child free until driving home.

Then this morning off to edgbaston. Ale can you believe I was last there in 2018?! So amazing to be back. Lucas' first match, and Pakistan Vs India. Obviously supporting India and so were the majority of the stadium! The atmosphere was amazing and we had such a good day.

Am tempted to book squash tickets for tomorrow but Lucas has told me he doesn't like squash (how a 2 year old knows that, I don't know!).

Chamolk am also eyeing up cricket for Tues (eng Vs za), and already got NZ Vs eng for Thurs and athletics Fri.  What else are you going to?

Oh sorry to hear you've been poorly.

Hazel I hate unlimited autobahns. I also hate how noone obeys any of the speed limits on the limited autobahns anyway!

Well done on the 10 km els.

Have a great evening all