Tuesday 2nd August 2022 So fix it dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry,

Morning! 

Lyrics: So fix it dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry,
So fix it dear Henry, dear Henry, fix it.

I was reminded of this fairly awful record by two others in the last few days.

What: a short run as soon as I can, long stretch later

Why: rain delay/Tuesday routine

A decent start to the morning: two cakes in the oven in preparation for late December!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Morning

Yeah, I know the lyrics. No idea who was famous for singing it though

Good work with the cakes Ale

Just getting ready to leave the hotel - athletics this morning and this evening so don't think I'll have time to get any exercise today other than walking

Yesterday's lyrics were The Beatles with Tomorrow Never Knows
  • Morning

Enjoy the athletics chamolk - I briefly watched some lawn bowls yesterday on the box..

Can imagine the kitchen smells good at the moment Ale. Hope you can get out for your run soon but don't burn the cakes!

What: solo or group?
    Why: not sure I can find some running buddies today
    Last hard: the ground yesterday - fell over on my bike whilst clipped in twice (once with witnesses - arrgh)

Lyrics: yes - well I hope so at least.  Had an Uncle Henry so used to "sing" it quite a lot..
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    hazel, nooo. I will be riding to work on Thursday after almost 3 years of not doing so and think I will use the flat side of my pedal till I am ready!! Hope you didnt hurt yourself.
    Chamolk, wow have a great time!!
    lyrics yep
    alehouse enjoy the baking  and you run when you can
    what: rest
    why: gave blood last night
    last hard yesterday am
    last rest: 30/7

Got to make a decision about snowdonia marathon because it cant be deferred.  Anyone got a 12 week training plan to get round?? lol Sure I can find one
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - ouchie, hope not too sore. Think you asked what's next for me....Well back to short stuff for a while, have club's mile race in a month, but may do a local 10k a week on Sunday to see how far I've fallen :D 
    Then it's XC season before mileage building resumes for London next April. 
    Ale - ohh baking, sounds good!
    chamolk - enjoy the athletics! Should be good
    Wabo - well done on the blood donation. 

what - club set,  paarlauf, 20x200s
    why - coaching
    last rest - 25/07
    last hard - today I guess
    lyric - know the song, yes
  • Lyrics , yes!
    Ouch hazel, falling off bikes is scary and sore! Hope all is OK.
    Should be fine for Snowdon Wabo if you start training now!
    Only a sluggish 5k after work yesterday, it was pretty warm, drizzly today and just in from 10m on the trails, a bit slippery as grass wet. bumped shin on a stile but nothing much!
    Have a good day all.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    els but when I look and see I should do 7 miles on sunday I get a bit boggled!! I dont want to mess my ankle up.  I will increase my longer run gently and see how it feels, not writing it off yet.. Ouch to the shin, sort of thing I do
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sorry for being AWOL. We were out on a weekend cycling trip to Glückstadt and back (roughly 50 miles one way). Stayed overnight and had one of the best burgers ever. Yum. Somehow I forgot to post yesterday so here we go.

Some lovely pics being posted at the weekend.

Hope everyone is enjoying the Commonwealth games. Sounds like a lot of fun. 

Dustin: A mile race sounds super painful. Rather you than me ;)

Hazel: Ouch! That's why I've given up on cleats. Hope it's more dented pride than dented body. 

Wabo: You don't need a training plan. Just make up your training as you go along and increase mileage slowly but steadily. If your ankle isn't ready there's no point in trying 7 miles just yet.

Haha, yes to lyris. Dear Henry is Karl-Otto in German  :D 

So a lot of cycling and not so many running miles this weekend. I managed 4 before we set off but nothing on Sunday. Then 7 yesterday and 10 today. Supposed to get hot again tomorrow.
  • Nice cycling chick, and good to know about Karl-Otto!