Saturday 6th August 2022 Slip inside the eye of your mind

Morning!

Lyrics: Slip inside the eye of your mind
Don't you know you might find

Yesterday's were Oasis and Roll With It.

What: half an hour or so

Why: waiting for it to warm up. Was 8 degrees first thing, now 13. But it is dry and is supposed to stay that way for a week or so. Doubt it!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Afternoon.

16 miles this morning in 2:11, including the local parkrun in the middle (22:05). Tough towards the end, think the legs were still tired from yesterday's run. 
    Working tonight and tomorrow night so taking tomorrow as a rest day, 40 miles done for the week

Hope you got your 30 mins done Ale

Lyrics yes
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Can't believe I didn't get yesterday's lyrics
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Afternoon! 

Decent outing(s) this morning, Chamolk!

What: about 35 minutes

Why: easy run day. Niggly glute. 

17 degrees, windy, grey.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Oh no, Els. Another postponement? You're really not very lucky with that procedure 😔
    Great pics 👍🏻

Good luck 🍀 Hazel

Chamolk: sounds like a great family outing. And well done on the 16. I did 17 and needed almost an hour longer than you. But I have an excuse 😜
    Did a recce of my trail ultra in 2 weeks. A bit of running randomness: struggled to figure out the trail head and was approached by a barefoot runner asking if I needed help. Turns out he's doing the same event and lives in the area so he offered to be my guide. In the end we ran for 3 hours. Boy, that's some tough terrain!! Steep. Lots of roots, loose stones and in the heathery areas: sand. Sand feels as though you're going backwards 😂😂
    He said he was impressed how fit I was. Made my day. He used to be a competitive road cyclist so obviously he has a massive endurance base. Great to have company.

Sorry to hear about the niggly glute, Ale.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Afternoon! 

Hope you had a good race, Hazel!

That was quite a run...and great to have a guide, Chick! Sounds tough underfoot so I'm not convinced about bare feet!

Did you go to The Lane, Wabo?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I did alehouse it was so good. Sorry to hear about the niggles. I didn't run today but because I was shattered from Thorpe park
    Chick what a lovely compliment! And nice to have the company I bet. 
    I'll run in the morning
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Late post ...
    Els - nice pics yesterday!
    Ale - wow, that's still pretty cold. How's the glute?
    chamolk - Commies sounded fun, decent outing earlier
    chick - that sounds like an epic course! 
    Wonder how Hazel got on...
    Wabo - nice result with the footy

what - track session, 8x400s at mile pace (89,87,88,86,87,88,87,89)
    why - shorter speedier stuff
    last rest - 26/07
    last hard - today. Last rep was pretty much on fumes. 
    lyric - yes
  • I never received a lyrics